Canucks Picks in the 2010 June's draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

trouble

Canucks Picks in the 2010 June's draft

Post by trouble »

Without any movement By MG.. These are our pick in this Junes Draft

25th
115th
145th
172nd
175th
205th

Canucks do not have a 2nd (traded for Bernier) or a 3rd round pick (traded for Andrew Alberts) In this years draft. I'm sure that puts huge Smiles on your faces LOL
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Picks in the 2010 June's draft

Post by Madcombinepilot »

the lack of picks do not put smiles on my face, but the last gal on your sig sure could....
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

The chick in the middle is hotter in my opinion.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

meh.. I if they were face down in the pillow, I prolly could not care to tell them apart..

just sayn
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Farhan Lalji wrote:The chick in the middle is hotter in my opinion.
Without a doubt, your stupidest idea yet :lol:
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
meh.. I if they were face down in the pillow, I prolly could not care to tell them apart..

just sayn
You raise a good point. Speaking of raising points...... :look:
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:

just sayn
You raise a good point. Speaking of raising points...... :look:

wow.
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

Let's keep the thread focused guys.

@ 25 I think the Canucks should pick D Dylan McIlrath
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.
trouble

Post by trouble »

westvandal wrote:Let's keep the thread focused guys.

Not a bad pick at 25

Moose Jaw Warriors
Name: Dylan McIlrath
Number: 8
Pos.: D
Shoots: R
Height: 6'5
Weight: 215
Birthdate: 1992-04-20
Hometown: Winnipeg, MB

2009-10 Regular Season Moose Jaw Warriors 65 7 17 24 20 169
2008-09 Regular Season Moose Jaw Warriors 53 1 3 4 -22 102
TOTALS 118 8 20 28 -2 271
He is a stay at home D-men
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

westvandal wrote:Let's keep the thread focused guys.

I don't think McIlrath will be there, he's a player that might well move up by the time the draft comes around , but...... if he is he'd be my choice to. I don't think MG can draft another small player or indeed a EU player. Maybe a Jonathan Merrill or a Alexander Petrovic might fit the bill
cheers
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Don't think size warrants picking someone over someone else any longer. If we're looking for D I would definitely prioritize mobility and puck skills, barring they aren't dramatically undersized. 6'5'' is nice, but only as long as he doesn't skate like he's 6'5''
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Don't think size warrants picking someone over someone else any longer. If we're looking for D I would definitely prioritize mobility and puck skills, barring they aren't dramatically undersized. 6'5'' is nice, but only as long as he doesn't skate like he's 6'5''

?????

A great coach once said... 2 things you can't teach a man at top pro level.. Size and Speed . Definitely has to be mobile but size is important ( no comment from LB :) ) .. Ask Luongo !! nobody could move the big " B " from in front of the net.. Not a great skater.. but fast enough to get there.. Same applies to either defensive dman or forwards.. Size and Strength will take the puck off smaller forwards or dmen 90% of the time .. I'd love to see us draft a MONSTER !! We got a full quota of speedy small guys on the team and in the farm system..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

A great coach once said... 2 things you can't teach a man at top pro level.. Size and Speed . Definitely has to be mobile but size is important ( no comment from LB :) ) .. Ask Luongo !! nobody could move the big " B " from in front of the net.. Not a great skater.. but fast enough to get there.. Same applies to either defensive dman or forwards.. Size and Strength will take the puck off smaller forwards or dmen 90% of the time .. I'd love to see us draft a MONSTER !! We got a full quota of speedy small guys on the team and in the farm system..
You can't be big and bereft of mobility any longer. Pronger's are one in a million, most oversized guys are lugs, and no I don't think they're all that useful. Andrew Alberts is big...
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

the toucan kid wrote: You can't be big and bereft of mobility any longer. Pronger's are one in a million, most oversized guys are lugs, and no I don't think they're all that useful. Andrew Alberts is big...
The draft is usually a crapshoot beyond the first couple picks (top 10?). You might luck out and get a Connaughton in the third round, who could turn into an offensive stud. Given the choice, I'd love to see us draft a big defenceman. At the very least, a big guy will generally translate better to a pro game against men than a smaller player would.

The odds of us getting a Tyler Myers type is slim to nil with the pick we have, but it's safer to go with the guy that might actually play in the big league, if only due to his size, than to go for a smaller player who will have to continue their progression just to make the show.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

The draft is usually a crapshoot beyond the first couple picks (top 10?).
Indeed, once you get out of the top 15-20, I tend to agree.
Given the choice, I'd love to see us draft a big defenceman. At the very least, a big guy will generally translate better to a pro game against men than a smaller player would.
Well there I disagree. I mean, if you have two players who skate equally well, have equal vision, skating, and puck skills, well why not go with the bigger guy? That said, I'm not sure, unless the player is definitely undersized, that I would put size as an attribute in the same class as those other tools.

Tyler Myers was well scouted and had he not gotten injured the year of his draft, I believe, he would have been ranked/picked quite higher. So it's not like Regier chortled and said "I'll take the big one" or anything.