6 steps to win game 5

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

trouble

6 steps to win game 5

Post by trouble »

For Vancouver to get back in this series, It's pretty simple

1) Lou has got to start playing like the player he is payed for. If he is too injured to do that then hand the Puck over to Raycroft

2) The Sedins need to play wth someone who is gonna get Bolland, Ladd line off there game. these two are doing what Kesler & Burrows should be doing to Kane &Toews line. Put Bernier on that line

3) Kesler and Burrows need to play against the Toew & Kane line and get them off their game.. Kesler & Burrows play their best when they get a matchup. It's proven we are not gonna beat the Hawks trading chances.. We need to tighten up the D.AV needs to play all 4 Lines. We need a crash and bang line going soften up the Chicago D. Hit Campbell and Seabrook as much as possible but stay in the rules. These two are playing hurt

4) Av needs to get his players to drive the net when they have the puck. Things happen when you get the puck to the net.. Enough of this outside shit and shooting pucks from the sides. Take the puck and drive the net. Raymond are you listening?

5) Call me stupid if ya want, but put SOB on the PP as a forward.. only job is to stand in front of Nemi and raise hell. SOB will drive to the net. Saw him do it twice in Game 4 in the third period. Gave the Hawks fits

6) Get the D like Salo and Edler to blast it from the point, no matter who is in the way.. One shot to the body from either one of these guys and you are gonna get hurt.. The Chicago forward will learn to get out of the way or playwith a stinger for the next 10 to 15 minutes. When you have these types of guys ya gotta use them.

Now let us pray
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: 6 steps to win game 5

Post by the toucan kid »

1) Lou has got to start playing like the player he is payed for. If he is too injured to do that then hand the Puck over to Raycroft
Not going to happen. His issues are too deep mechanically or in terms of equipment or injury to be changed at this point.
The Sedins need to play wth someone who is gonna get Bolland, Ladd line off there game. these two are doing what Kesler & Burrows should be doing to Kane &Toews line. Put Bernier on that line
If that isn't Burrows, then we don't have him. Sedins haven't really been bad in my eyes.
Kesler and Burrows need to play against the Toew & Kane line and get them off their game.. Kesler & Burrows play their best when they get a matchup. It's proven we are not gonna beat the Hawks trading chances.. We need to tighten up the D.AV needs to play all 4 Lines. We need a crash and bang line going soften up the Chicago D. Hit Campbell and Seabrook as much as possible but stay in the rules. These two are playing hurt
Tough to do on the road. We need to tighten up the D, of course, but at this point, is it just a question of what we have back there not being good enough?
Av needs to get his players to drive the net when they have the puck. Things happen when you get the puck to the net.. Enough of this outside shit and shooting pucks from the sides. Take the puck and drive the net. Raymond are you listening?
Why would you single out Raymond? That's not his game. The only guy who might be able to play like that in our top six is Kesler, and I suppose Bernier, but we have all long ago given up hope about that.
Call me stupid if ya want, but put SOB on the PP as a forward.. only job is to stand in front of Nemi and raise hell. SOB will drive to the net. Saw him do it twice in Game 4 in the third period. Gave the Hawks fits
You asked for it...
Get the D like Salo and Edler to blast it from the point, no matter who is in the way.. One shot to the body from either one of these guys and you are gonna get hurt.. The Chicago forward will learn to get out of the way or playwith a stinger for the next 10 to 15 minutes. When you have these types of guys ya gotta use them.
Salo isn't what he used to be. He takes an hour and a half to get his A shot away. Edler's got a hard shot but if he wants to hit the net, he seems to have to take some off it.
Now let us pray
Well that's about it. Luongo's game is fucked and has been for 6 months. Our D isn't up to stopping their forwards from playing their game, and we have no help on the way. We either hope they lose on their own account or, somehow, we score like gangbusters. Otherwise, there simply isn't a chance.
trouble

Post by trouble »

toucan, You should get a job under AV.. Not willing to try new things and just stand there and do nothing with a stupid grin on your face.

Mark my words if the Nucks get knocked out on Sunday..... AV is gone
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Changing things up and doing things the team hasn't tried to do all year (like putting SOB in front on the PP) isn't going to get it done, IMO.

There's only one REAL answer.

The top players have just got to be better. Period. If the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Luongo etc, can't win the game, then nobody else is going to. It's to late and the Canucks are in too deep of a hole to ask for the 3rd and 4th liners and the 5th and 6th Dmen to save the day. They have to do their part, but this is now on the star players.

But in reality, the Canucks aren't going to be able to beat the very confident Hawks 3 in a row. Anybody now agree that being satisfied with the split in the first two games wasn't such a great idea?
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

toucan, You should get a job under AV.. Not willing to try new things and just stand there and do nothing with a stupid grin on your face.
The only proposal I saw was sticking a stay at home goof in front of the net on our PP, which will no doubt end said PP prematurely as soon as he gets there and crosschecks someone in the back of the head.
Mark my words if the Nucks get knocked out on Sunday..... AV is gone
Almost no chance, I would say.
They have to do their part, but this is now on the star players.
It always is, why labor under a different illusion. That said, Luongo just ain't right, the twins are putting up points, and the only guy to really take issue with is Kesler. It's also worth noting that when we list the stars on this team - none of them are defensemen, and that says a good deal.
Anybody now agree that being satisfied with the split in the first two games wasn't such a great idea?
Of course a split on the road is a good result, what are we playing chumps? Losing two in a row at home is clearly the problem, I don't get your point here at all.
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

the toucan kid wrote: Of course a split on the road is a good result, what are we playing chumps? Losing two in a row at home is clearly the problem, I don't get your point here at all.
My point is that everyone seemed to say "we split and now we're coming home", as if GM Place is some kind of magic kingdom of puck luck. Home ice gets a team NOTHING. It's nice to play at home, maybe get a little extra adreneline for the home crowd...but that's all. You need to win 4 games and it doesn't matter where you win them. The key is to bear down and win games when they are there to be won. The last two games at wonderful GM Place have hardly even been winable. The Canucks got their brains beaten in both games. Ed Willes used the word 'emasculated', and I agree with that assessment. Being able to win game 2 just puts that much extra money in the bank. It buys you time should things go bad, as they now have.
It's a race to 4. That's all it ever is.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Thanks for clarifying. I think I agree with the majority, but NOTHING might be putting it too strongly.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

I'll say one thing:

5 on 5, the Canucks have actually been right there with Chicago. You take away our PISS POOR penalty killing and our undisciplined penalties, and the Canucks could have won a few more games.

Luongo hasn't been stellar but neither has Niemi. Both guys have been extremely hot and cold throughout this series.

You want to talk about stars not showing up?! Great. Crosby hasn't scored a goal in 6 games. Ovechkin was very ineffective against the Habs. The Sedin line has been going up against Keith and Seabrook the ENTIRE SERIES (i.e. 2 of the top 10 defensemen in the league....maybe even 2 of the top 7 or 8?).

Bottom line? The Canucks may be down, but they certainly aren't out. IF the Canucks limit their undisciplined penalties and get their PK going, then we might be able to turn some heads and make a comeback. Call it bias on my part, but I actually believe that the Canucks outplayed the Hawks a lot of times when it was 5 on 5.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

trouble wrote:5) Call me stupid if ya want, but put SOB on the PP as a forward.. only job is to stand in front of Nemi and raise hell. SOB will drive to the net. Saw him do it twice in Game 4 in the third period. Gave the Hawks fits
Can't say for sure but isn't that how he got some decent (by his standards) point totals, albeit briefly, while in TB? Something's got to give. I would say putting Bernier back in the PP mix prominently is probably a better option...and if thats not an option maybe give Desbiens a shot and ask him to play the role of Buffoon. Perhaps its time to give Hordichuk a shot at the 4th line and see if he can bring some energy out there w/ Rypien. There's not many options when you think about it.
trouble wrote:Now let us pray
May be our only hope...
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
trouble

Post by trouble »

I think The Canucks will win game 5 and shock the Hawks

I Was Just Watch the rerun on The American channels and they thought the canucks were getting better and are expecting a Different Canucks team in game 5

We Can Win 3 in a row.. If we do look out sharks..
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

Step 1) Aquaman pony up the money and out pay what ever Bettman is paying the referees.
Step 2) Hordichuk in, bee line head straight for Niemi, take him out of the game / series
Step 3) Glass in, bee line head straight for Huet, take him out of the game / series
Step 4) With Blackhawks unable to dress a goaltender, Raycroft will have to go in for the Hawks
Step 5) Raycroft sits around and watch pucks go in net
Step 6) Repeat two more times.

Profit
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
trouble

Post by trouble »

Jelly wrote:Step 1) Aquaman pony up the money and out pay what ever Bettman is paying the referees.
Step 2) Hordichuk in, bee line head straight for Niemi, take him out of the game / series
Step 3) Glass in, bee line head straight for Huet, take him out of the game / series
Step 4) With Blackhawks unable to dress a goaltender, Raycroft will have to go in for the Hawks
Step 5) Raycroft sits around and watch pucks go in net
Step 6) Repeat two more times.

Profit

lol
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Bah! Out in london (UK) and chelsea dagger is playing.

A bad omen!
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Jelly wrote:Step 2) Hordichuk in, bee line head straight for Niemi, take him out of the game / series
I've been advocating that since Game 2. Either the refs call the interference Buffoon and Co. have been dolling out on Lou, or we start running Niemi full-tilt with elbows up and see how they like it. If the puck incidentally goes in while they're at it, then bonus. After Buffoon's last goal, what leg does the league have to stand on?
Jelly wrote:Step 3) Glass in, bee line head straight for Huet, take him out of the game / series
Easy now. Knocking Niemi out and dealing with Huet is one thing. Last thing we need is some kid like Crawford going in and playing lights out. Let's stick to the devil we know (and would prefer ventillating) than giving some goaltending prospect a chance to shine.

Bottom line - Luongo has to focus period and play better. The team has to mentally focus and stop getting distracted by the pests. They do that, and the discipline will follow. They stay disciplined and I like our chances in game 5.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

BingoTough wrote:Bah! Out in london (UK) and chelsea dagger is playing.

A bad omen!
Oh Fack Off! Will yeah :evil:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)