Raycroft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

volsungr
CC Veteran

Raycroft

Post by volsungr »

I know everybody is going to think I am stupid for asking this, but would you all like to see if Raycroft could get the job done? I know that Lou is the main player for the canucks, but he needs to play big, and it is not there.
Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Raycroft

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

Lou is not there at ALL. The whole team was swarming the Hawks, Lou let in not one, not two, but THREE SOFTIES. Where was the goaltender I remember playing Dallas and was a wall. Where did he go? I'm beginning to regret the 12 year contract.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

It looks to me like a 12 year contract might be MG mill stone around his neck. It doesn't matter what Luongo does in the regular season he's lousy in the play-offs, this year , last year and the year before. That first goal to night was the most embarrasing goal I've seen, although two other looked pretty similar...soft.

If Raycroft doesn't get the next start there's some thing up and who knows maybe it's time for a new coach too. The team came out handling the puck like it was a live handgrenade.

The "D" is not great either,
cheers
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

When is the Canucks option 'out' year on Louie's contract?

I would play Raycroft Sunday. This thing with Luongo needs to hit the fan, IMO. Anyone hear that lame post-game interview? He seemed to take zero blame for this game. Great leader. :(
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Sid Dithers wrote:When is the Canucks option 'out' year on Louie's contract?

I would play Raycroft Sunday. This thing with Luongo needs to hit the fan, IMO. Anyone hear that lame post-game interview? He seemed to take zero blame for this game. Great leader. :(
FUCK YOU
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

volsungr wrote:I know everybody is going to think I am stupid for asking this, but would you all like to see if Raycroft could get the job done? I know that Lou is the main player for the canucks, but he needs to play big, and it is not there.
:|
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Arachnid wrote:
Sid Dithers wrote:When is the Canucks option 'out' year on Louie's contract?

FUCK YOU
LOL!!!!

Full melt-down mode. LOL!!!
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Shit away anyways, i honestly don't think Raycroft is the solution. Doesn't matter what Luongo's saying.

We're already doomed....
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

Lots of emotion. That is for sure. They really need to strip the Captain "C" from Lou, he has enough problem dealing with play off pressure as a goalie. The "C" on top of that, is not a good idea.
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Cookie La Rue wrote: Doesn't matter what Luongo's saying.
C'mon Cookie. Doesn't matter what your captain is saying after a third bad loss in a row? Then when DOES it matter?
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Raycroft isn't the answer.

The Canucks need to do FOUR simple things if they want to come back in this series:

1) Stop taking dumb penalties. Yes - penalties are inevitable, but not the dumb retaliatory ones. There's absolutely no excuse for guys like O'Brien and Burrows to take cheap shots at Byfuglien. Yes - we all wish Byfuglien gets AIDS and dies, but taking dumb penalties against him doesn't solve anything.

2) Time for the Sedins' to help out on the PK. Our PK needs help and things CLEARLY are not working as is. My suggestion would be to have the twins kill penalties as well. The twins are our leaders. The team NEEDS our leaders to help them in the area that we need the most help with. I say use the twins on the PK.

3) Be more careful with the 'D' pinching. It's one thing for the 'D' to pinch and help join the rush (or move down low when we're controlling the offensive zone), but the Nucks need to use better judgement....especially Shane O'Brien. With Keith, Seabrook, and Campbell, the Hawks have arguably the best defensemen in the league at making that break out pass.....or moving out of the zone. What's even worse, is that those pucks often end up on the sticks on Toews, Kane, Sharp, or Hossa. Canucks have given up a lot of odd man rushes this series and I believe that this is a big reason why.

4) No trash talk - stay focused. For whatever reason - Chicago FEEDS off the trash talk a helluva lot more than Vancouver. Whenever trash talk occurs on the ice, it's obvious that the Hawks are getting into the Nucks' head. My advice for the Nucks? Ignore them.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Line-up suggestion for next game:

Sedin-Sedin-Samuelson
Raymond-Kesler-Grabner
Demitra-Wellwood-Hansen
Burrows-Johnson-Bernier

-If Kesler continues to struggle, move Wellwood up to play with Raymond and Grabner.
-If Demitra plays with fire combined with Kesler struggling, then move Demitra up to play with Raymond and Grabner.
-If Burrows gets the message, replace him with Hansen or Grabner on that line's RW (depending on the extent of how well Burrows is playing).
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Sid Dithers wrote:
Cookie La Rue wrote: Doesn't matter what Luongo's saying.
C'mon Cookie. Doesn't matter what your captain is saying after a third bad loss in a row? Then when DOES it matter?
Did you ever listen what Your Captain was saying ?
I for myself was always my own captain, don't care who's wearing officially a sign or C somewhere. You guys are taking too much into it. I'm still playing for a hockey and football team and not so bad. I know what i'm speaking about captaincy and team work. It's all about every single player within the team.

Here i got the feeling someone must be to blame, it's not that easy and not always black and white...damn.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

NO.

You win and you die with your best players.

Luongo wasn't BAD in this game. He was just "meh".

Sedins, Kesler, Burrows (and Luongo) need to step up WHEN IT MATTERS.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Island Nucklehead wrote:NO.

You win and you die with your best players.

Luongo wasn't BAD in this game. He was just "meh".

Sedins, Kesler, Burrows (and Luongo) need to step up WHEN IT MATTERS.
No, you win and die with your worst players. Ever heard of the weakest part of the chain breaks first ?

Not offending you personally or anyone in here, but that's the truth.