Henrik on pace for tomorrow as of last night!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Henrik on pace for tomorrow as of last night!

Post by westvandal »

Lets show some appreciation shall we?
Nice season so far.
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: Henrik on pace for tomorrow as of last night!

Post by the toucan kid »

All credit in the world to the Twins who have elevated their games in ways I certainly didn't expect.

That said... what the hell does the thread title mean? :lol:
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

the toucan kid wrote:All credit in the world to the Twins who have elevated their games in ways I certainly didn't expect.

That said... what the hell does the thread title mean? :lol:
hahaha thats what i was gunna ask. yea theyve brought their game to a new level as of late
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I think he's trying to say that Hank is on pace for a 100 point season. He's also on pace for 37 goals.

I don't think he will reach either, but that's okay, because with Daniel back in the fold that should help spread the scoring.

In case anyone is curious, Daniel is on pace for 29 goals and 78 points in 64 games.

If they even approach these numbers, there should be no more doubters... these guys are for real, and are one of the leagues best duo's.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Island Nucklehead wrote: If they even approach these numbers, there should be no more doubters... these guys are for real, and are one of the leagues best duo's.
But there will be a doubter and no prise for knowing which poster that will be :D
cheers
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

"Henrik on pace for tomorrow as of last night!"

Yes Westvandal ... please explain the meaning of this.

Nobody should be doubting the "sisters" anymore. They only have to prove they can lead us through the playoffs now.
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

I was one of the doubters. It was a long, long, road for these guys to become a true blue first line but I believe they finally made that final step late last season and are continuing to do it.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

woodhog wrote:They only have to prove they can lead us through the playoffs now.
No two players can do that on their own.

But good for them. It is really a case of ignoring what everyone says and just putting you're head down, working hard and improving every year. They're not doing it with brawn or pure skill, but they are certainly out thinking everyone on the ice.

Anyway, I think they can lead us in the playoffs, but they can't carry the whole team on their shoulders. We have a world class goalie, a solid D (with no superstar), and one very good first line. If we don't get scoring from the D, and a solid bit of scoring from the 2nd line (and 3rd and 4th timely contributions) we're not even making the playoffs.

Our PK still sucks, and the second line just doesn't seem to work. Kesler and Raymond have chemistry, but Samuelsson has proven to be a third wheel there, and nobody else fits. The second line only looked good with Grabner in there, and who knows whether that will work again when he returns (but that is what I am hoping for). I'm not staking my hopes on Demitra, but if we don't get a 2nd for him (and assuming he fits in the cap when he returns) we'll have to place our hopes on Demitra on the 2nd line.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

But there will be a doubter and no prise for knowing which poster that will be :D
Hey, there's no doubting that if Hank is going to pot 30+, Daniel is going to be on a 30 goal pace for the rest of the season and Burrows is in the 30 range, that's a good first line. We're not a cup contender either way, clearly, but that's good production.

Henrik is a much better player now than last year, there's no getting around it.
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

woodhog wrote: Nobody should be doubting the "sisters" anymore. They only have to prove they can lead us through the playoffs now.
Exactly. They're very good players, and have always been. But as the top dogs offensively, they have to score big goals that win games in the playoffs. Otherwise, what's the point?
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

dr.dork wrote:
woodhog wrote:They only have to prove they can lead us through the playoffs now.
"No two players can do that on their own.
Anyway, I think they can lead us in the playoffs, but they can't carry the whole team on their shoulders."

Dork, I didn't mean that they have to do it on their own. No team has ever gotten deep in the playoffs without a complete team effort.

All I meant was that Hank and Dank have to BE the #1 line and lead the way in the playoffs.
If they do that this year I don't think there'll be anybody who could successfully argue that they aren't elite players in this league.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

is it the 'A' or being an only child for a while?

better give danny boy one too next year just in case henrik goes down with an injury ;)

can he? would he? give us fans an early christmas present on this home stand and take over #1 if even for a while?

going to the van @ cal game on the 27th should be a hoot with all the flamers there...

not since the bure / nazzy dayz would i ever dream...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

is tonight the night he goes over the top???????

and Ehrhoff takes over the +/-

and Robo Lou (that's better than Bobby eh?! and he has robotic like work ethic...)...well if he wasn't injured he might be tops in one of the categories...

Elite I say! (at least 3 players)

Kelser for clancy? selke? certainly not the bing bing 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Henrik on pace for 100 points as of last night!

Post by westvandal »

I have no idea what that means lol.....must be the drinking. I meant to say 100 point season.
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

.....must be the drinking.
You're absolved and admonished completely.