More bottom 6 talk

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Re: More bottom 6 talk

Post by mr perfect »

the toucan kid wrote:Glass and Bolduc don't do anything for me. Hordichuk looks all washed out (nice shot last night aside). So I'm thinking we need to keep Rypien in and put Hansen on the other wing with Johnson centering. It's a gumption line rather than a toughguy line, but I'm just not seeing the need for thugs the way our games are at this point. We can leave Hordi in the press box if we need a goon I guess.

The third line is a bit of a mess. We need a third line center... Wellwood is a tweener who isn't going to produce and isn't the gritty player that we could use to bring that line together. I'm not sure who is out there, but MG should have an eye. I think it's the kind of role a cunning GM can fill without giving much up. Bernier/ Burrows are two thirds of a pretty good checking line, but we need a center more to their style of game.

Raymond is the guy for the top six with Kesler. Grabner when he gets back deserves his spot for a while. We're probably still a top six guy short, but that might be something we look at toward the deadline if we're serious.

Sedin-Sedin-Samuellson is probably pretty sturdy once everyone gets back.
Toucan, you're going to need a seat.

I agree 100% with your take on this.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Island Nucklehead wrote:What Dork said. Minus the Bolduc part. I don't think he gets any consideration over Wellwood. I've been impressed with Wellwood's compete level, but as dork pointed out: his linemates are brutal. He is certainly skilled enough to play on an NHL team in a semi-scoring role. Guys like Rypien and Glass are fourth liners, and have little to no offensive creative skills. Wellwood will be fine when he gets reasonable line-mates. (Hansen/Bernier?)

Sedins-Burr
Raymond-Kesler-Grabner
Samuelsson-Wellwood-Bernier
Hansen-Johnson-Rypien
Hordi

That lineup could be a monster.
I'm all for that line-up. Wellwood has looked very good at times this year, but hasn't had any support from the mishmash of linemates. I'd love to see him on a 3rd line with Grabner or Samuelsson, and Bernier; guys who can see the ice, make a pass, and take a pass. Our 3rd line right now sucks even as a checking line, as Glass and Bolduc don't really have the skill to gain control of the puck, or get in position to supper Wellwood in the defensive end.

Wellwood should almost be through suffering his "My Name is Earl" negative karma, and I hope he has a great season going forward. Or, maybe he plays better when he eats more twinkies. I dunno
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Toucan, you're going to need a seat.

I agree 100% with your take on this.
Finally coming around, eh? :lol: