Trouble's Favorite Canucks moments

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Trouble's Favorite Canucks moments

Post by Mikodat »

Thanks Woodhog.... great memories.. here is another.. Campbell conference final..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCt4aqzk ... re=related

Worst memory in Hockey?? 1972 Summit series. Was in the Coloseum when Canada got beat by Russia and the fans booed Canada's team ... Best Memory..1972 Henderson goal.. Game 8.. in Moscow...
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Yes Mikodat, you had to love the team toughness the Canucks had back then ... Tiger, Delorme, Curt Fraser, Nill, Snepsts, Steamer, Butcher. Even Darcy Rota and Colin Campbell had over 130 PIM that year.
Here's another from '82.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn5L8rvUqwc
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Totally love O'Brien heading off Byfuglien and watching the big mess get the hell out of there as fast as he can... people sure aren't intimidated of O'Brien ;)
Island, I think that was #22 Brouwer, not #33 Byfuglien. But anyway, Brouwer is the same size as O'Brien, but obviously Brouwer was looking for someone else (probably someone smaller). Chicago is full of a bunch of curs. They won't fight anyone their own size.

Jelly, you were looking for documented evidence. Is there anything more clear than that ? Or do you think O'Brien was in Brouwer's face saying "please don't beat me up" ? Pretty clear evidence of O'Brien sticking up for his teammate who made a clean check.

I'm not sure I like this as a favourite moment though. It was a clean hit and since Mitchell was coming out of the box and totally out of position if he didn't nail Toews, Mitchell had little choice. I like big hits, but I still don't like seeing stars like Toews getting hurt.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

dr.dork wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: Totally love O'Brien heading off Byfuglien and watching the big mess get the hell out of there as fast as he can... people sure aren't intimidated of O'Brien ;)
Island, I think that was #22 Brouwer, not #33 Byfuglien. But anyway, Brouwer is the same size as O'Brien, but obviously Brouwer was looking for someone else (probably someone smaller). Chicago is full of a bunch of curs. They won't fight anyone their own size.

Jelly, you were looking for documented evidence. Is there anything more clear than that ? Or do you think O'Brien was in Brouwer's face saying "please don't beat me up" ? Pretty clear evidence of O'Brien sticking up for his teammate who made a clean check.

I'm not sure I like this as a favourite moment though. It was a clean hit and since Mitchell was coming out of the box and totally out of position if he didn't nail Toews, Mitchell had little choice. I like big hits, but I still don't like seeing stars like Toews getting hurt.
You got me on Brouwer vs ByfUgly, but the point still stands. Certainly a case where the Chicago player went to defend a clean hit, and SOB stood up at said, fine... here I am.

I agree. It's a great hit, but all these stars getting hurt are not good for the game (and certainly not any fantasy leagues). But if it's going to happen to us (Luongo, Sedin) it better happen to others too!
trouble

Post by trouble »

woodhog wrote:Yes Mikodat, you had to love the team toughness the Canucks had back then ... Tiger, Delorme, Curt Fraser, Nill, Snepsts, Steamer, Butcher. Even Darcy Rota and Colin Campbell had over 130 PIM that year.
Here's another from '82.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn5L8rvUqwc

I almost forgot all about that Moment in Canucks history.. Thanks for posting it
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

trouble wrote:
woodhog wrote:This was a great moment too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzPLHyfttQM
Ya i remeber that one like it was yesterday, I jumped so high off the fold up table i think i banged my head on the ceiling

fixed :P
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

In no particular order

-McLean's save against the Flames in 94' Game 7.
-Bure's game winning goal against the Flames in 94' game 7
-Naslund's rush in the dying seconds and Cooke's tying goal in the final seconds of game 7 against Calgary (04')
-The announcement of the Mark Messier signing (key word: announcement!)
-Peca's hit on Selanne (it was around this time that I started emulating my own hockey game after Peca :P )
-Greg Adams game 5 goal against the leaves to advance us to the Stanley Cup finals in 94'.
-Canucks/leaves brawl in 94' during the playoffs (both teams were sent off the ice momentarily if I remember correctly....at the time, I just thought that was f'cking cool). Momesso was chasing someone with his stick in the air I think, haha.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Farhan Lalji wrote:In no particular order

-The announcement of the Mark Messier signing (key word: announcement!)
Honestly, that is in my top 3 of least favourite Canuck moments. Once they announced it, I predicted a darkness would fall upon us. I stopped watching for a while.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

trouble wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Broda wrote:
although for recent memory... i don't think people will be too upset for me digging this treasure up again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mTEzQ8vBps
Totally love O'Brien heading off Byfuglien and watching the big mess get the hell out of there as fast as he can... people sure aren't intimidated of O'Brien ;)
Ya you can see him asking anyone if they wanted to go LOL
IIRC, O'Brien also asked Eager to fight, but he took the smaller opponent in Bieksa.