Burrows injured?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Burrows injured?

Post by Linden Is God »

Got this off of Murphy from Sportsnet's twitter (is it Dan Murphy?)

Getting word that Burrows may be injured. If he cant go tonight the Canucks will have to go with 8 defencemen
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Kel
MVP
MVP

Re: Burrows injured?

Post by Kel »

Linden Is God wrote:Got this off of Murphy from Sportsnet's twitter (is it Dan Murphy?)

Getting word that Burrows may be injured. If he cant go tonight the Canucks will have to go with 8 defencemen
That's just awful news. When will the injuries stop?
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

That's just awful news. When will the injuries stop?
Let's just get all the bad stuff over with and then enjoy the second half.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Not sure that this is news or a rumour? Seems unlikely that AV would send Shirikov back to the Moose if Burrows was too injured to play?

But all these injuries brings into question the value of MG " conditioning guru".. Remember ? it was just last year that Gillis hired an expert to cut down on injuries and ensure that the Canucks were in top shape for each game? even monitoring sleep patterns? I would say that experiment completely failed, better to hire a massage girl at least the team would be happy :)
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Mikodat wrote:Not sure that this is news or a rumour? Seems unlikely that AV would send Shirikov back to the Moose if Burrows was too injured to play?

But all these injuries brings into question the value of MG " conditioning guru".. Remember ? it was just last year that Gillis hired an expert to cut down on injuries and ensure that the Canucks were in top shape for each game? even monitoring sleep patterns? I would say that experiment completely failed, better to hire a massage girl at least the team would be happy :)
That thought passed through my mind to but injuries like bruises of breaks... you can't train any different to reduce them, and Demitra had the surgeon done the job right first time should have been back by now, they had to go back in and do further repairs.
cheers
Arbour
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Arbour »

Well that sucks. Any word on Bolduc? Last I heard he was also day to day with a shoulder or arm injury?
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Bolduc won't play tonight. Burrows is a game time desision. He says he was banged up last night.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

woodhog wrote:Bolduc won't play tonight. Burrows is a game time desision. He says he was banged up last night.
I'm breaking out my jersey. The Canucks dressed the University goalie a few years back, so I have a shot :)
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Fred wrote: That thought passed through my mind to but injuries like bruises of breaks... you can't train any different to reduce them, and Demitra had the surgeon done the job right first time should have been back by now, they had to go back in and do further repairs.
I can't believe you say this, Fred. Some injuries like, um, snake bite (Salo), yes, you can't do anything about. But groin pulls, mcl/acl strains, any tendinitis issues are largely preventable by training. Injuries of older players are invariably often due to issues with conditioning/flexibility ...

Having said that, this year it appears the Canucks are snake bit. Most injuries seem to be (bad) luck related rather than conditioning related.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Having said that, this year it appears the Canucks are snake bit. Most injuries seem to be (bad) luck related rather than conditioning related.
That's what I said.

the breaks an bruises are just bad luck, running an extra mile (figrutively speaking) will not prevent the broken heel or the surgeon screwing up or the bruised ribs or broken hand or concussions to name only 5 of the injuries. Salo well good player but the physic of a pool player
cheers
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

I'm blaming it on the ice. Just looks like the puck is bouncing in most of the games I watch.