Daniel Out 4-6 weeks. Broken foot

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Daniel Out 4-6 weeks. Broken foot

Post by Mikodat »

I have no problem with Bernier filling in . He is not the same player as Bertuzzi... thank god ! So far this season and last he has proven himself responsible defensively ( yeah good players play both ends of the ice ) with the ability to chip in the odd goal. We have 2 top 6 players injured.. so we use a 3rd liner who might develop into a strong power forward. This team has an emphasis on 2 way players and Bernier fits AV's format . The call ups are just that.. fill ins until Demitra and Sedin recover from injury. Grabner just might be ok , though so far he hasn't really shown much in the NHL... Meantime the team will probably revert a bit to AV's defensive style a bit more.
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

By no means I want to see Grabner fail, but his preseason failure is imprinted on my brain.
Again, what the hell does that matter?
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

the toucan kid wrote:
Touc, I understand that you appear to take delight in lamenting all the shortcomings of the Canucks, and specific players, at great length, but how can you argue a point per game production since Bernier has been moved to the top line?
You're joking? You must be joking...
No joke, a savage way to make my point. your judging a guy off 4 games, I am judging off 1 game and 3 practices.

The point I was making is how can you judge a guy who has only had one game in the position, and 4 games before that? seems kind of ridiculous to base your judgement (vision, whatever you want to call it) off a short period like that.

The guy has changed. take him at face value.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

No joke, a savage way to make my point. your judging a guy off 4 games, I am judging off 1 game and 3 practices.

The point I was making is how can you judge a guy who has only had one game in the position, and 4 games before that? seems kind of ridiculous to base your judgement (vision, whatever you want to call it) off a short period like that.

The guy has changed. take him at face value.
Then you misunderstood my point. I'm afraid to contravene Lotus' judicial ruling that this debate is closed, but let me just say that my point is that he looks to be the exact same player who played with us all of last season. Your point per game thing was what I thought was a joke, 1 point, 1 game. I'm basing my judgment on having watched the player occasionally over the years, all of last year, and seeing him look identical to that player so far. Am I just jaded because I had to put up with Pyatt? Maybe a little, but Bernier is certainly already better than that. I like him on this team - I don't really like him on our top line.

The guy has changed? I haven't impugned his character or the claim he's lost weight, just that it thus far hasn't changed his game and therefore means he's not up for the top line gig.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

When you eventually get a girl friend, and if you are ever so lucky to get to know her well enough that she wants to marry you, make sure you tell her that, she doesn't look any different then when you first met her at best. and she doesn't offer more then a prostitute on Hastings.

That's how your theory works toucan.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

When you eventually get a girl friend, and if you are ever so lucky to get to know her well enough that she wants to marry you, make sure you tell her that, she doesn't look any different then when you first met her at best. and she doesn't offer more then a prostitute on Hastings.

That's how your theory works toucan.
Okay that was stupid and juvenile. However this...
This Signature could potentially be very good, but it hasn't shown any results yet, so it still might need some updating, but let's not because I can't see any results to convince me to update it.
Gold :lol: