Sundin rumour!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

nucklehead88
CC Veteran

Sundin rumour!

Post by nucklehead88 »

So Canucks fans a rumour is goin around from a creditable source that Mats Sundin is going to be reporting to Canucks training camp, keep in mind this is a rumour but thought it should be brought up!

Sundin last season:

Regular Season
GP: 41
G: 9
A19
PTS: 28
Team points ranking: 9th

Playoffs
GP:8
G:3
A:5
PTS:8
Team points ranking: 3rd
Farhan Lalji

Re: Sundin rumour!

Post by Farhan Lalji »

If that's the case, then I'm happy.

Although Sundin didn't live up to the expectations that many people had set for him, the truth of the matter is that coming in half-way through the season is a VERY difficult thing to do. Scott Niedermayer can attest to that.

However - it was obvious that Sundin was starting to find his game during the playoffs (i.e. he was once again a PPG player).

Sundin would once again bring MAJOR leadership to the Canucks. Given how weak our depth is up front, I think Sundin would be a great addition to our top 6. I hope we get this guy for 1 more season at the right price.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

So...... any kind of source? Or are we just starting the "Sundin Watch" again for nothing.

If he wants to play for dirt cheap (for him) - then it's almost a rumour. Otherwise, it's just as likely as Farhan's WCE reunion.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Ridleyfan
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Ridleyfan »

On a related note, and I don't want to jump ahead, Theo Fleury was seen checking out hotels in the Downtown Eastside.
The leaves: Longest running sitcom since Seinfeld.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Ridleyfan wrote:On a related note, and I don't want to jump ahead, Theo Fleury was seen checking out hotels in the Downtown Eastside.
Sweet I heard there is some nice beach front property on the Eastside for Theo to check out.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Toot! Toot! -- ALL ABOARD!! The Sundin rumor train will be leaving the station on september the 12th. All rumors should be seated, properly buckled into their restraining harness, with their tray tables locked in the upright position.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Link? Anything?

Why would the guy show up without a contract? It's not like he's a crappy player with something to prove just to get a contract. There are plenty of teams (ours included unfortunately) that would pay this guy good money before knowing what he can do.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I've been a big advocate of bringing Sundin back, but this certainly falls into the category of unsubstantiated rumour. I can't finding anything anywhere to suggest this has even been discussed before, let alone true. HFboards and the CDC forums make no mention of it, and they're pretty quick on the draw for these things. If you're right well done on the scoop NH88, but realistically I think #13's time as a Canuck is done. The guy just got married and by all indications hasn't really started a summer conditioning routine yet. That combined with the fact that Gillis has said that he won't wait half a year again suggests to me that Mats is going to retire.

I live in hope though.
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

I hate this thread.
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Bring a source to the party and if you don't have one this is a stupid post.