Mike Brown pummelled by Lucic

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Mike Brown pummelled by Lucic

Post by Linden Is God »

Personally, I think it was cheap on Lucic's part to keep going while Brown was down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duQSL_HI-ec
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Mike Brown pummelled by Lucic

Post by dr.dork »

Linden Is God wrote:Personally, I think it was cheap on Lucic's part to keep going while Brown was down.

Maybe he was pissed (as the commentators said) about getting crosschecked up high. Cheap begets cheap.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Yeah I thought it was a cheap shot, I like the guy but he's starting to get a bit of a name for cheap shotting. I recall George Laroque said the same thing a couple of months ago
cheers
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

I don't know... he might have a case for giving him a shot while down because Brown popped him one before he got his gloves off.
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

Lucic is already getting a bad rap. He is going to be facing a lot of challenges from a lot of tough players in the NHL if he keeps doing stuff like that. As tough as he is, he is going to face the music eventually.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

he is going to face the music eventually.
I sure wouldn't want to try to play him a tune.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Linden Is God wrote:Personally, I think it was cheap on Lucic's part to keep going while Brown was down.

How can you call it a "pummelled" when not one punch hit Brown's face? You sound like that American announcer saying Lucic got the better of that one, not one punch to either faces is a pummelling? I bet Browns back of his helmet really hurts after that one.

Look at Lucic's fist all shots his the Helmet of Brown, I call that a dumb fighter. Lucic isn't that tough and if he continues pulling that shit he will get a pitch fork in a new hole.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Total cheapshot by Lucic......Brown came in a little early but it was hardly a suckerpunch imo.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Jovorock wrote:

How can you call it a "pummelled" when not one punch hit Brown's face? You sound like that American announcer saying Lucic got the better of that one, not one punch to either faces is a pummelling? I bet Browns back of his helmet really hurts after that one.

Look at Lucic's fist all shots his the Helmet of Brown, I call that a dumb fighter. Lucic isn't that tough and if he continues pulling that shit he will get a pitch fork in a new hole.
Sorry pummeled was the wrong choice. I totally agree Brown didn't really take any good shots if any, but but Lucic was still swinging while Brown was down. What should the proper word be? Wailing? Anyways, the intent from Lucic was there and I still find it disgusting. Such a shame, because otherwise, I love what he brings as a player. Hopefully some vet or retired Bruin *cough Cam Neely couch*, pulls him aside and let's him know.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by puckhead »

Jovorock wrote:How can you call it a "pummelled" when not one punch hit Brown's face? You sound like that American announcer saying Lucic got the better of that one, not one punch to either faces is a pummelling? I bet Browns back of his helmet really hurts after that one.

Just a follow-up - Lucic missed the next game with a hand injury.

You are wrong about one thing though - Lucic is tough as nails.
Not a legitimate heavyweight, but it's pretty odd to question his toughness.
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

I'll take both Lucic and Brown on my team. Brown still has the potential to be a Chris Nilan type enforcer. He has great wheels and needs to season some more. Lucic has shown himself to be a top six forward at a young age. Yes, he did something stupid here but that doesn't write him off. Having both on your team would give you enough toughness.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

mr perfect wrote:I'll take both Lucic and Brown on my team. Brown still has the potential to be a Chris Nilan type enforcer. He has great wheels and needs to season some more. Lucic has shown himself to be a top six forward at a young age. Yes, he did something stupid here but that doesn't write him off. Having both on your team would give you enough toughness.
Lucic as a second round pick is a steal and I will take him ANY time on my team. Brown has courage, and although I like his attitude, he isn't going too far in this league.

Having said that, Lucic probably shouldn't have hit Brown when he was down, but the whole incident falls into the no big deal category.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Brown is a seatbelt special

Lucic is a hunchbacked freak. I'd take him on my team 100%. The guy cranks people, can fight and while I think his scoring potential is overrated (Cam Neely comparissons are just rediculous) he's the kind of guy that terrifies defensemen on the dump and chase. Assuming he can stay healthy, he's a huge depth addition for any team he plays on.
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Pretty soon Lucic won't have any hands because he breaks them so often on other people's helmets.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

jchockey wrote:Pretty soon Lucic won't have any hands because he breaks them so often on other people's helmets.
Iron is hard to break on plastics. :lol:

I would love to have him on the Canucks, just imagine Burrows, Kesler and him in different lines right now, what a combination of energy...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'