Demitra - Broken Finger

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Demitra - Broken Finger

Post by woodhog »

just when we have two lines going pretty well Pavol gets hurt again.
Once again we hope it doesn't keep him out for long.
Looks like AV will be doing some more juggling.
Does this change Gilis' focus leading up to the deadline?

LINK: http://canucks.nhl.com/team/app/?servic ... e&id=18196
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Demitra - Broken Finger

Post by Broda »

Sounds like it shouldn't be that big of a deal.. im more concerend about Hansen being out for a month with his broken finger. He has been the best player on the bottom two lines for a while, hopefully he is back soon. I was wondering why all the sudden he was out of the line up. Guess we will see Hordichuk back in the line up on thursday i figure. Or else i guess we call up another forward? Hopefully Demitra won't be out long if its just the tip of his finger hopefully it will just be a week or so at the most..
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Maybe Jaffray or Krog will get the call. Should find out today what the extent of Demitra's injury is.

I didn't realize that Johnson's finger was still bothering him quite a bit. That explains why he hasn't looked as good as he did early in the season. At least the defensive side (PK) of his game is still pretty strong. The guy is fearless in front of 90 mph+ shots.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I would like to see Grabner or Oulette get the call as opposed to a Jaffray.. someone who can score in the NHL should get the call for a scoring line.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Always hurt it seems ...

Wonder if Gillis is going to feel more pressure to get someone at the deadline ... Demitra likely won't be back for 4-6 weeks if it is broken ... even then it will not be 100%. Pretty tight playoff race and I think Gillis will want to make sure he does everything he can to make the playoffs in his first year as GM.

Grizz