Game Day Prayer - Welcome Back

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Game Day Prayer - Welcome Back

Post by mattola »

to the tune of Welcome Back Kotter

Welcome back,
Your injury was Sanfords ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old team everyone laughs about.

Well the goalies have all changed since you played around,
But those losses have remained and we hope they turn around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we cheer him a lot cause we've got him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

ALL HAIL LUONGO. ALL HAIL LUONGO. LUONGO. ALL HAIL LUONGO. ALL HAIL LUONGO. ALL HAIL LUONGO. ALL HAIL LUONGO. ALL HAIL LUONGO. ALL HAIL LUONGO. ALL HAIL LUONGO. LUONGO. ALL HAIL LUONGO. ALL HAIL LUONGO. ALL HAIL LUONGO. ALL HAIL LUONGO. ALL HAIL LUONGO. ALL HAIL LUONGO. ALL HAIL LUONGO. LUONGO.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Game Day Prayer - Welcome Back

Post by Cornuck »

All Hail Luongo!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

He's been off for nearly two months. It's kind of like starting a season for him. And the norm seems to be that Luongo is a slow starter. He's not likely to be real sharp for a couple weeks.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Sid Dithers wrote:He's been off for nearly two months. It's kind of like starting a season for him. And the norm seems to be that Luongo is a slow starter. He's not likely to be real sharp for a couple weeks.
He doesn't have to be Luongo right away, he just has to be steadier and more reliable than what we've had the last few games. That and the team needs to play in front of him or it won't matter.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

I agree with both Sid and Brian.

Although I think it will take a few weeks for Luongo to get back to his earlier season peak form (I'm thinking start of Februrary), I also think that a shittier version of Luongo is still an upgrade over Sanford, Labarbara, and Sanford.

To add to that, I think just the IDEA of having their captain (and a top 3 player in the NHL for that matter) back in the line-up, will cause the Canucks to "loosen up" and play a lot better.

I think a large part of the Canucks' problem when Luongo went down, was that they completely tightened up....knowing that Luongo wasn't back there. This 'tightening up' not only caused their offense to suffer, but also lead to a lot more mental mistakes.
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Brian CC wrote:That and the team needs to play in front of him or it won't matter.
Exactly. He's not the problem, the 5-man circus in front of him is. Time for these guys to play like they give a damn.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
nucklehead88
CC Veteran

Post by nucklehead88 »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Although I think it will take a few weeks for Luongo to get back to his earlier season peak form (I'm thinking start of Februrary), I also think that a shittier version of Luongo is still an upgrade over Sanford, Labarbara, and Sanford.

i think there was only one sanford hahaha ( i know you mean schnieder)

but i think having el capitan will make a bigger diffrence then having the all star goalie back, they need the leadership more than anything else.....that being said having an all star goalie back would be great too