Hodgson score in the Gold Medal game!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Hodgson score in the Gold Medal game!

Post by Cornuck »

So far 3-0 with Hodgson getting the 3rd . Anyone watching that can shed some light on his play in the big game?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Hodgson score in the Gold Medal game!

Post by Sid Dithers »

Hodgson is the real deal. A talented, competitive kid. Anybody who thinks the Canucks messed-up and should have selected Beach should have their head examined. Beach = the guy Team Canada wanted no part of.
Well done, Cody.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

This is definetly a guy that the canucks have to hold on to and turn int there franchise player in five years or so. He is just so smart watching him out there. It is pretty exciting to know he has been the best player at the three international tournements he has played in. I really hope he can turn into a Mike Richards type player for us. He is going to be fun to watch. Hopefully he will make the roster next year.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

If i'm not mistaken Hodgsons empty-netter gave him the tournaments point leader title.

The Canucks seem to have made a wise choice in their selection.He looked really good in the games I seen,smart,good shot.Seemed to be more of a set-up man than a goal-scorer but that may just be from the team dynamics of such a talented squad.

Really happy for the team and Pat Quinn on their success.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Agree... Hodgson is the real deal.. and the scoring leader for Team Canada. Should make the team next year . Good game by all the Canadians. More of a set up guy but gets his share of goals too. A junior edition of Sundin??? ... The series was fun to watch... Eberle's last seconds goal against the Russians in the semi-final kind of reminded me of the " Henderson " goal of 72.. Today's game more of a solid team effort..
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

I think Cody should have gotten a chance at the 'Nucks this year. Now they're going to let him chill down with the Battallion until next season because they wan't him to have a legitimate shot at the Calder next year. I agree that he should get the chance to have a good shot at the Calder, but at the same time i do think he was ready for the challenge this year. The bonus to sending him back down is that because he's not old enough to play for the Moose, he's playing on a team he's far superior to. It's allowing him to gain invaluable experience as a leader.

I have a good feeling about this kid and can't wait to see what he can do next season.
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
trouble

Post by trouble »

Hodgson is the real deal and we are very lucky to have him in our system..

Hodgson was the tournament leader in points and assists and scored two goals in the gold metal game...

This guy will be one of the NHL greats in a few years
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think he'll be a real solid player for years to come. Competes in all three zones, good hands, good vision, good shot and good on faceoffs. The only downside which will likely keep him from becming an elite player is his footspeed ......or lack thereof. I could see him as a really solid 2nd line player with leadership skills for years to come.

Definitely a very solid pick by MG. Certainly a lot more promise than Patrick White who couldn't even make the US team tryouts as a 19 year old. White and Ellington look like horrible draft picks. IS there a way to avoid signing White to get a compensatory 2nd rounder ? If so Gillis should pursue that option. He is a 4th line player on his college team for fuck sakes.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

trouble wrote:Hodgson is the real deal and we are very lucky to have him in our system..

Hodgson was the tournament leader in points and assists and scored two goals in the gold metal game...

This guy will be one of the NHL greats in a few years
AND, he and Tavares tied for the new tournament record for points in a WJHC. It used to be 13 I think, and they both had 16. Tavares 8G -8A, Hodgson 5G-13A.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Hodgson will be our 2nd-line centre next year. It may not be immediately pretty as he adjusts, but he proved to me this tournament that he has his head put on in the right direction to do what it takes to succeed at the NHL level. Footspeed he can work on, as it is something you can improve significantly through training and technique-refinement.

What impressed me was the smart little things he did in all zones - making the extra effort to get the puck out, making smart, short passes on the breakout from the zone and making the right plays in the offensive zone. The only thing that stuck out for me was his finish. I don't know how many times he had beauty scoring chances and he went high and wide with his shot. Again, though, that's something he can work on in practice as it seems to me that he has the knack.

Put him with some finishers and this kid could do some damage next season. Too bad The Canucks would have to tank the season to get into the Tavares sweepstakes and even then may not get the first pick to get him. Hodgson and Tavares were sweet to watch this tournament. Makes you wonder how they'd do in Canucks unis..... :roll:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

I want to see this kid get a shot at the start of next year and have a chance at the Calder. Tavares is good, but I think Hodgson will give him a run for his money. I don't think Tavares will be able to man handle the NHL as much as he man handled everyone at the WJs. I agree it'll be ugly at first, but if you give him a chance I think he'll adapt quickly.
trouble

Post by trouble »

Here is the question..

If we could trade Hodgson for the first overal pick in this june draft, would ya do it?
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

trouble wrote:Here is the question..

If we could trade Hodgson for the first overal pick in this june draft, would ya do it?
In a heartbeat.

Hodgson is good, Tavares is better. Hodgson will be a first/2nd liner with leadership and solid playmaking ability. Tavares is a world class sniper, the type that only comes along every decade or so.

Basically it's, would you trade Doug Weight in his prime for Heatley in his prime?

I know who I'd choose.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Absolutely Mr C. i'd trade him for the 1st or 2nd pick. Hedman and Tavares are going to be studs in this league for years to come. Franchise players are hard to come by and this team has only ever had two of them.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Yes to take Hedman. Not so sure about Tavares.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!