So now whats the lines?!?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: So now whats the lines?!?

Post by ClamRussel »

Sorry I'm not up on my waiver wire rules...but why could Hansen not have to clear waivers but Raymond would? I know Brown does... IF Raymond can clear he'd be my first choice to send down and Brown would be much more serviceable as the 13th forward. Hansen really seems to have adapted better than Raymond to AVs line juggling as he looks fine either w/ the Sedins or on the 3rd line w/ Kes & Burrows.

Something that hasn't been mentioned is Sundin has played RW in the past (Quebec) and might work just fine w/ the Sedins on the PP. Either way it gives AV some interesting choices of how does he squeeze Demitra and Wellwood into their due PP time now...maybe Sundin goes to the point or perhaps we FINALLY have TWO decent PP units.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

Brown should be sent down if anyone, or traded to possibly Chicogo(his hometown). He dosn't have an offensive upside and while he is willing he's more wrestler than scrapper.
Don Cherry for P.M.
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

dr.dork wrote: And I know you hate Pyatt, Sid, but he is likely to be better on the 4-th line than Wellwood or Raymond, and he is OK on the PP.
Naw, I don't hate Pyatt. But I do dislike anyone who can't demonstrate that he wants to win by doing whatever it takes. For the time-being, Pyatt definitely fits that category. How a guy can float around the ice in a fog and then sit on the bench and watch a gamer like Kesler willing to block shots with his face is beyond me. THAT'S a weak link. Just give me guys who hate to lose.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Sid Dithers wrote:
dr.dork wrote: And I know you hate Pyatt, Sid, but he is likely to be better on the 4-th line than Wellwood or Raymond, and he is OK on the PP.
Naw, I don't hate Pyatt. But I do dislike anyone who can't demonstrate that he wants to win by doing whatever it takes. For the time-being, Pyatt definitely fits that category. How a guy can float around the ice in a fog and then sit on the bench and watch a gamer like Kesler willing to block shots with his face is beyond me. THAT'S a weak link. Just give me guys who hate to lose.
He plays better when he is mad, which seems to happen about twice a year. Maybe if he sat out a few games (which is much more likely to happen now) that would put a fire under his butt. In the playoffs he might be a better option when the going gets a little tougher. He is huge and that will help come playoff time.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Wonderful, how much possibilities we have now.

I guess AV will check it out which will work best...that's what he's celebrating at his best. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Wellwood-Sundin-Demitra
Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Burrows-Kesler-Bernier
Hordichuk-Johnson/Raymond-Pyatt

I think Raymond would not make it through waivers so the club will have to keep him, that leaves Brown as the unfortunate candidate to be exposed unless they can pull a quik trade.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Icebreaka wrote:I think the biggest question is who gets waived at this point. You can't send down Raymond, he'd get snagged for sure. I think Brown is the only real option at this point unless you can key Salo on IR and run without an extra dman for a bit until you are able to get something for an asset.

The other option is Hansen, can he be sent down without needing to clear waivers? I believe so. Sad for him as he's the easy choice for Gillis due to that.
Jaffray can be sent down without clearing waivers. Either that or we waive Brown. Why get rid of Hansen or Raymond when they deserve to be on the team?
Ilevakam
CC Veteran

Post by Ilevakam »

From what I understand Raymond, Hansen and Edler are still on entry level contracts (which are two-way) and are able to be assigned to the moose without having to clear waivers, where as players like Brown and Rypien are no longer on entry level contracts (they are on one-way contracts) so they will have to clear waivers. Another exception to the rule (and dont quote me on this) is Kyle Wellwood. Because he has already cleared waivers and re-entry waivers this season, I beleive he can be sent down without having to go through the waiver wire system again.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Ilevakam wrote:From what I understand Raymond, Hansen and Edler are still on entry level contracts (which are two-way) and are able to be assigned to the moose without having to clear waivers, where as players like Brown and Rypien are no longer on entry level contracts (they are on one-way contracts) so they will have to clear waivers. Another exception to the rule (and dont quote me on this) is Kyle Wellwood. Because he has already cleared waivers and re-entry waivers this season, I beleive he can be sent down without having to go through the waiver wire system again.
All those guys you mentioned Raymond, Hansen, Edler and Wellwood have earned the RIGHT to play on this team. Why would you send them down? I hope you're just talking about technicalities :P

I see Jaffrey being sent down...and/or Brown waived.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde