Linden Night

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mooger35
CC Veteran

Linden Night

Post by Mooger35 »

Why wait till Dec 17??? a Wednesday?!?!

Because of the Bourdon tribute on day 1, Linden's night should be the next home game which low and behold is a Saturday (Oct 25).
Peter: Just don't forget our deal, Lois. I sit through this and later tonight I get anal. You hear me? No matter how neat I want the house you have to clean it.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Linden Night

Post by mattola »

It is an odd date to be sure and one that I WILL NOT MISS. and its Against Edmonton. I dont think there is much history there for Trevor in the playoffs (except for the Canucks getting beat down all the time from them).

as long as they are doing it this year and I can don my Trevor Jersey One More time... (mind you Ill keep wearing it over and over) but I will frame my Signed Jersey of his.

the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

That is one beautiful hockey sweater mattola

Anyway I'm kind of glad there is a gap between celebrating Linden and mourning/paying tribute to Bourdon, just seems they each deserve a clear slate to be appreciated upon.
puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by puckhead »

Linden holds the Canucks record for most points against a single team (75). that team is Edmonton :-)

your Canuck room looks great Matty.
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

one thought is that Trevor asked for a mid week game as he does not really like the spotlight for these types of ceremonies.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

puckhead wrote:Linden holds the Canucks record for most points against a single team (75). that team is Edmonton :-)

thats the main TV room it doesnt look anything like that now. we tore out that brick fireplace and put in custom cabinets and a gas fireplace.

my canucks room is in a stage of change right now :)
puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by puckhead »

mattola wrote:
puckhead wrote:Linden holds the Canucks record for most points against a single team (75). that team is Edmonton :-)

thats the main TV room it doesnt look anything like that now. we tore out that brick fireplace and put in custom cabinets and a gas fireplace.

my canucks room is in a stage of change right now :)

ahh geez - I remember seeing the after (during) pics now.

I finally made it to the new Cactus Club for lunch this week.
my goodness, they have made some wise staffing choices!!
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

puckhead wrote:
I finally made it to the new Cactus Club for lunch this week.
my goodness, they have made some wise staffing choices!!

If im downtown Im there for lunch. I wont miss it.
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Somehow, someway, I need to get tickets for the 17th...does anyone know when tickets go on sale to the public? Not that I have a hope in hell going that route but you never know.
Mooger35
CC Veteran

Post by Mooger35 »

Brian CC wrote:does anyone know when tickets go on sale to the public?
From Canucks.com
A limited number of single game tickets will go on sale to the general public in mid-September through Ticketmaster Charge-By-Phone (604.280.4400) or online at www.ticketmaster.ca/canucks. An announcement of the on-sale date will be made on canucks.com or through the media at the beginning of September.
Peter: Just don't forget our deal, Lois. I sit through this and later tonight I get anal. You hear me? No matter how neat I want the house you have to clean it.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

This works out wonderfully well for me! I'm home in Vancouver for the holidays to see #16 get hung in the rafters.

So many good memories as player and as an ambassador for the organization. He may not be a "Hall of Fame" material to many of his critics, but you can never fault him for the love he has for this team, city, and the fans. Not everyday do you see players like Linden come into the fold and start leading the way in the manner that he did.

To me, '94 was enough to give Trevor the respect he deserves as a member of the Vancouver Canucks.

That night, all I want to say is "Thanks Trevor, The organization was faceless until you came along."

LB
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

If I could get the time off I would be there for sure, but alas, I chose a profession where I can't take time off between September and June.

What the Habs do for these kind of things is give out mini replica banners with the name and number on it. I hope the Canucks provide something like this and I can score one on Ebay. I may call in sick the next day just so I can appreciate the whole night.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

mattola wrote:It is an odd date to be sure and one that I WILL NOT MISS. and its Against Edmonton. I dont think there is much history there for Trevor in the playoffs (except for the Canucks getting beat down all the time from them).

as long as they are doing it this year and I can don my Trevor Jersey One More time... (mind you Ill keep wearing it over and over) but I will frame my Signed Jersey of his.

Nice jersey Matty !!! I got one like that ... as well as the Orca ... thats my signed one.

Keep wearing it though cause thats whats gonna get us through this season !!! Pride and Character.

Grizz
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

this was the start of my canucks room . its now this mostly and my home gym. so I wont be able to make it any better with the room I have :(