Third Jersey

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Third Jersey

Post by Madcombinepilot »

so, winding up the graphic guru's of the world...

lets have some fun and 'hypothetically' design the third jersey.

this could be the logo.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaman
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

I've read up on some third jerseys for next year, and the Canucks are going with the navy blue vintage design (the one we have now) but going with the updated stick-in-rink logo (currently our shoulder patch) as the chest logo.

As many as 17 teams are getting alternates this year.
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

if you guys want to see a good site for this kind of stuff http://icethetics.blogspot.com/
George
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by George »

jchockey wrote:I've read up on some third jerseys for next year, and the Canucks are going with the navy blue vintage design (the one we have now) but going with the updated stick-in-rink logo (currently our shoulder patch) as the chest logo.

Hey jc - is that for sure? or your prediction?

Personally I'd like to see something other than the stick-in-rink this time... especially the modernized version...
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Nice link Broda, I really liked the sound of this when I first read it:
Vancouver: Added the Johnny Canuck logo with his head in the V back to their identity.
but then I saw this:

...and then I wished it was more like this:

Anyone think the first one looks like one of the lego men more then a mean lumberjack?
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

George wrote:
jchockey wrote:I've read up on some third jerseys for next year, and the Canucks are going with the navy blue vintage design (the one we have now) but going with the updated stick-in-rink logo (currently our shoulder patch) as the chest logo.

Personally I'd like to see something other than the stick-in-rink this time... especially the modernized version...
I'm quite positive that's going to be our third jersey, it's been described as such on a number of forums that pay attention to these kind of design things. That link Broda provided is one of my sources, the artists that contribute stuff on that site do some phenomenal work.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

jchockey wrote:
George wrote:

I'm quite positive that's going to be our third jersey, it's been described as such on a number of forums that pay attention to these kind of design things. That link Broda provided is one of my sources, the artists that contribute stuff on that site do some phenomenal work.
Why does it always seem like these artists from ____ website always come up with designs that are WAY better then the ones the Canucks actually go with? If people with decent photoshop skills and a blog can come up with something better then a multi-million dollar company, isn't that a bit worrisome?
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Couldn't agree more.....that one going around w/ the fighter pilot (ie original Canuck) was absolutely wicked.....and the fake modern Canucks uni last summer was frickin' fantastic!!! .....way better than the new jersey....if that had come out I would have lined up to buy both home & away asafp!
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
George
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by George »

Badfish wrote:Why does it always seem like these artists from ____ website always come up with designs that are WAY better then the ones the Canucks actually go with? If people with decent photoshop skills and a blog can come up with something better then a multi-million dollar company, isn't that a bit worrisome?
Yes... just look at what the Sabres came up with, compared to some of the great designs I saw out there. It's sad because it makes the team seem out of touch with their fan base when unveil these same uninspiring logos over and over. Just imagine the buzz a team would create by holding a design contest for a third jersey...
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

George wrote:Just imagine the buzz a team would create by holding a design contest for a third jersey...
I agree - it would provide some great publicity.

Of course the winning design would be the face of Rory Fitzpatrick. :D
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

or Trevor Linden.

it's weird how we all want to get rid of the Orca Bay era in our jerseys, but if you look at it with out the prejudice..

Orca + First Nations art really does represent Vancouver really, well.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Jelly wrote:or Trevor Linden.

it's weird how we all want to get rid of the Orca Bay era in our jerseys, but if you look at it with out the prejudice..

Orca + First Nations art really does represent Vancouver really, well.
I'm ok with it as is, but I always thought the Orca would make an excellent shoulder patch.

I'm just glad the god awful colours of the original Orca era are gone.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

From Howard Berger's blog

VANCOUVER: The Canucks are going back to their inception in 1970-71 by bringing back the predominantly blue road jersey the club wore. At the bottom of the jersey – and on each arm – is a broad green stripe flanked by a pair of white stripes. The club’s original “hockey-stick-in-a-rinkâ€￾ logo is outlined in green and white on the front.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16358
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

is this that new third Jersey?

puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by puckhead »

mattola wrote:is this that new third Jersey?

nice.
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!