Greatest Save I have ever seen in my life

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Greatest Save I have ever seen in my life

Post by mattola »

Nabakov just ROBBED FRACKING ROBBED RICHARDS.. that was the greatest save I have ever seen in my hockey watching life. WOW.

when you see it in real time its amazing.

some may not agree but check the highlights tonight
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

this is an incredibly exciting series
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

AND IT WAS JUST FOLLOWED UP BY ONE OF THE SECOND BEST SSAVES I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE BY TURCO..

GOALIES RULE
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

FRAK THIS IS AMAZING FUN HOCKEY
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

SAVE AFTER SAVE AFTER SAVE AFTER SAVE IN THIS OT. ALL AMAZING
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Conn Smythe Candidates so far

Morrow
Turco
Nabakov
Umberger....... yes Umberger
Briere
Malkin
Franzen
Osgood.......yes Osgood
and on and on it goes.

this has been a great playoffs to watch
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

Wow Matty... i guess we can all go home.. you look like you don't need us anymore..
Yeah that was a sick save... sadly i was making dinner so i had to settle for highlights.. its been an incredible game.. i really hope that the sharks score. I want an intense game seven.

Patty Marleau or Roenick hopefully
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Maybe I'm a little biased, but I still think McLean's save in 94' (against Calgary in game 7) was the greatest save of all-time.

Nonetheless - Nabakov's save was freakin' awesome (as was Turco's).
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Farhan Lalji wrote:Maybe I'm a little biased, but I still think McLean's save in 94' (against Calgary in game 7) was the greatest save of all-time.

Nonetheless - Nabakov's save was freakin' awesome (as was Turco's).

greatest save in my heart but honestly Mclean made a better save than that in the third period that goes unnoticed all the time. Even he believes that

but yes there are all the saves in history then there is THE SAVE... of 94.
but my god what Nabakov did was stupid. and the scary part is he has made 3 of those saves in the playoffs now. 2 against calgary.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Speaking of the Sharks, where was Joe Thornton yet again in the playoffs?

Does anyone agree with what I've been saying for a few years now - Joe Thornton is the most overrated player in the game today.

The sample is plenty big enough - 10 years in pro hockey, no success when games really count. The last 3 years with the Sharks speak volumes too. He's always an all star in December and a ghost in April and May.

Joe was also our number one centre in the last Olympics and he crapped the bed in Italy too.

The Bruins probably should have gotten alot more for him as he had yet to really earn the overrated tag. But they obviously saw something was lacking.
MinnesotaCanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by MinnesotaCanuck »

I disagree:

2 goals (including one game winner) and 8 assists in 13 games against two of the stingiest teams in the league, leading the team with 10 pts.

Lead the Sharks in goals (29, including 5 game winners) and assists (67) in the regular season. There were only two other 20-goal scorers on the team (linemates Michalek and Cheechoo, with 24 and 23 respectively).
MinnesotaCanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by MinnesotaCanuck »

Also, in the final 22 games of the regular season where the Sharks went an astonishing 18-2-2 to overcome a 5 point deficit to clinch the division over the Ducks (13-4-1 over the same stretch), Thorton had 12 goals and 15 assists.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

joe has respectable numbers with San Jose in the playoffs. but for what he represents and how he plays in the regular season I would think he should be a stronger presence in the playoffs. it took turco 7 years to do what he is doing now. I think Joe will shake this tag. hes still only 28
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

mattola wrote:joe has respectable numbers with San Jose in the playoffs. but for what he represents and how he plays in the regular season I would think he should be a stronger presence in the playoffs. it took turco 7 years to do what he is doing now. I think Joe will shake this tag. hes still only 28
What makes you think that? Again, he's had 10 seasons plus then Olympics and fails to show up every time. 10 seasons is not a big enough sample?

The guys on TSN, including Bob McKenzie and Darren Pang used words like "invisible" to describe Thornton. I watch the OT last night and noticed him twice in the 4 OT periods. Thornton knows people were openly questioning his abilities and heart this playoffs, yet remained invisible. I don't see how he will ever change.