Captain vs Captain

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Captain vs Captain

Post by Larry Goodenough »

I think who he captain is in hockey is the biggest red herring in sports. However, here is a comparison of the much maligned Naslund vs superman and everyone's first choice as captain, Iginla head to head this season in seven games.

Iginla - 2 goals, 3 assists = 5pts and a zero +/-

Naslund - 4 goals, 4 assists = 8pts and + 2

Naslund has also "led" his team to a 5 -2 record in those 7 games.
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

hear hear.

I agree. Leave Naslund the heck alone already.
Reverend Smack
CC Veteran

Post by Reverend Smack »

That really is awesome, now if only the Canucks played the Flames 82 games per season. :mex:
For game in and game out play and leadership I would take Iggy hands down, there really is no comparisson.
The truth may hurt...but it is still the Truth...Have a nice day :)
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Kesler's #1 Fan wrote:I do believe Iginla is going for 50 goals to Naslund's 25???
Yes, and?

Where have the goals been against Calgary's number one rival, Vancouver?

And Iginla captained his team to a complete roll over against Anaheim in the playoffs two years ago, led his team to 8th place last year and an embarrasment in the playoffs against Detroit. Now he's back, getting all the accolades again, but has his team battling for 6th thru 8th again? On paper, they supposedly have the talent to run away with the division.

And this year he's doing it with that 1st team all star Phaneuf, the Canadian Olympian Regehr and Aucoin on the back end (and healthy all year) and a Vezina winning goalie in net for 75 games (and healthy all year) and a second line of Tanguay and Conroy.

Iginla is a great player, but his leadership abilities are overrated when I look at his past two plus years.
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Iginla yapping and pushing last night was an embarrassment. And don't say he was trying to get his team motivated, he was pissed off because Burrows and Kesler shut his ass down. i hate iginla.
georoa
CC Rookie

Post by georoa »

Valid Points from everyone but IMO Ingla has more grit, passion, and talent then Nazy. Also what the Canucks are missing this year is toughness, Calgary isn't. I don't want to see Nazy go but his salary should definately be adjusted to his currrent level of play.
Reverend Smack
CC Veteran

Post by Reverend Smack »

Geora wrote
Valid Points from everyone but IMO Ingla has more grit, passion, and talent then Nazy. Also what the Canucks are missing this year is toughness, Calgary isn't. I don't want to see Nazy go but his salary should definately be adjusted to his currrent level of play.
I agree whole heartedly. :mex:
I would also argue that Vancouver has a better top 6 defence and Lou is easily as good as Kipper...both goalies are played to much. :mex:
The truth may hurt...but it is still the Truth...Have a nice day :)
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

sk8er wrote:Iginla yapping and pushing last night was an embarrassment. And don't say he was trying to get his team motivated, he was pissed off because Burrows and Kesler shut his ass down. i hate iginla.
Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. He's a decent player, but overrated and disliked (by some - including me) for what you stated above.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Yes, I'm not trying to compare Nazzy to iginla, even though that is what the thread is about. At this point in their careers, he probably does have more talent than Nazzy, but I still think iggy is a pissy assed litte punk.
Passion? I dunno, last night, Nazzy showed more passion than iggy, iggy just showed that he is a bully wanna-be
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

sk8er wrote:Iginla yapping and pushing last night was an embarrassment. And don't say he was trying to get his team motivated, he was pissed off because Burrows and Kesler shut his ass down. i hate iginla.
I was more embarassed that Kesler and Burrows were too scared to engage him.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Kesler was willing, ref got in the way. But Iginla and Sakic may be my two favorite players in the league, some luck...