5-2 Midway thru the second, stick a fork in us we are done.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

georoa
CC Rookie

5-2 Midway thru the second, stick a fork in us we are done.

Post by georoa »

Talk about your mental lapses and breakdown in defense. Someone hit somebody , or punch somebody pleeeeasse. Time to clean up the golf clubs and pray for good weather.
clearwatercanuck
MVP
MVP

Game Over

Post by clearwatercanuck »

Game Over

The has got to be the most disappointing last two game this season. Winning both games and loosing by large margins.

The Canucks are going to have to address their scoring, or lack there of. It's just a disgrace to see how they try to attack up the ice with no support whatsoever. If you look at the good teams like Detroit and Ottawa they almost always get the puck out of their zone with a crisp clean pass. The Canucks are always bobbling the puck up the ice. I remember a game about 5 years ago against Washington when all the Caps did was lob the puck into the zone and gain control of the pack and score, they scored five goals like that...... Anyhow not too sure what can be done. One thing is that the whole team is playing bad right now, I can't think of one player other that has had a good game recently. This must mean the Canucks are in a serious Funk. To get out of a funk you need to do the opposite of what got you in the funk. No fancy plays anymore, just gritty hard nosed dynamic hockey. Vancouver has to adjust their game style and fast!
Reverend Smack
CC Veteran

Post by Reverend Smack »

Hey, womans world curling is on, see you next season :mex:
The truth may hurt...but it is still the Truth...Have a nice day :)
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal »

I'm very close to the point of not caring any more, if the team doesn't care why should the fans? There is simply no excuse to lose three in a row at such a critical time as this with such horrible play.

Consistency wins championships, I think it's safe to say this years Canucks are not winning any championships.

I've really had it, mostly because this team has shown spots of brilliance all season then failed to keep it up for any serious length of time and worst of all when it mattered the most they folded up and went home.

I'm really disgusted. I hope Nonis blows up this team but keeps the young superstars in the making and Louie and starts with a clean slate. This team needs a heart replacement big time.
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

I've felt all along that the Canucks this year would do VERY WELL to duplicate what they did last year. That was the very best they could possibly hope for. Too many limitations. The same limitations that halted their progress last playoffs and the same limitations that DN refused to address last summer. So how were they supposed to do better? Quite simply, they weren't. Too many diehards trotting out the old, tired idea that "if Nazzy and Mo can regain their form, we should be able to really contend". Well, Nazzy and Mo are a full 4 years past their peak years and there ain't no fountain of youth out back of GM Place. And now in the meantime, we're kind of finding out that the Sedins are not bonafide first-line players. Problems at the top end of the pay scale for DN to solve for sure.

The Canucks will probably still make the playoffs, but since they can't put 60 minutes of solid play together, not to mention several games, they will be home from the dance by 9:30. Leaving DN on the clock in a SERIOUS way this summer.

And don't even get me started on the poor leadership on this team. :shock:
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Kesler's #1 Fan wrote:The Canucks will probably still make the playoffs, but since they can't put 60 minutes of solid play together.
Who Knows If They Will Even Make The Playoffs With The Oilers & Preds Making A Push. :( :( :([/quote]

Who reaaly does know ?
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

I am at the point where I hope they miss the playoffs forcing ownership to review what the hell has happened over the last two years. It is looking like we were over our heads last year and now with injuries we are crashing. We do not have any depth nor any offense. What we have is

1. ---------- ----------- ---------
2. Sedin Sedin -------------
3. Burrows Kesler -------------
4.-------- ----------- ---------

Mitchell, Bieksa
Ohlund, Edler
-------, ---------
McIver

Luongo

We can't score and when the hurts pile up we can't stop the other team from scoring. We are afraid of everyone and it shows. We need Laraque, Rolston, Hossa just to start. I'm sure there are others but right now I'm blank. Oh yeah give an offer sheet to Carter. Grow a pair and fire Dn, make Scotty an offer as President and GM let him do the rest.