Which teams or fans do you really hate?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Which teams or fans do you really hate?

Post by antro »

A bit of a change of subject since there's a lull in the schedule.

Before and after the Canucks-Oilers game on Thurs, I was reading a bunch of Oiler blogs, and the comment threads. (Okay, mostly I wanted to giggle, especially after Thursday's game.) And more in general, one of the hockey blogs I like to read is the Battle of Alberta. It really surprised me to find out that Oilers fans hate the Canucks the most out of any team, even more than the Flames it seems. And they kept saying that they hate Canucks' fans the most too. (I don't know why they hate Van-city, except that they seem to play the Canucks the last two years when they are trying to get in the playoffs, and the Canucks keep winning. But that's probably not the whole story. Apparently they hate the fact we rub the beauty of our city in their faces...since hockey players themselves don't want to go to or stay in Edmonton :lol:).

But which teams do you hate, and which teams' fans do you really hate?

I find myself hating the most whichever team beat the Canucks in the playoffs last. So right now, my hatred is mostly reserved for Anaheim. Before that, I had a lot of hatred for the Avs, the Wings, the Flames, the Wild, etc. But in the last couple of years, even that hatred is a lot milder. I enjoy watching a good game, even if it pisses me off when the 'Nucks lose.

And I can't say I hate any teams' fans (although I enjoy laughing at the pain of leaves' fans). B/c let's face it, every team has fans you respect and fans that are downright embarrassing.
Last edited by antro on Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

Yeah, Oilers fans really hate us. I can vouch for that living in Edmonton. Hard for me to say whether or not it is more towards us or towards the Flamers, though. And yes, I have heard many Canuck fans out here laugh at Oiler fans over how many players that wound up leaving Edmonton. They take that pretty personally.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

I really really really hate the flamers and their fans, and to tell the truth, this probably goes back to the old Faceoff.com days.
I don't know if any of you remember that site, they finally had to tear it down because it got really nasty, but even then, (?4?? years ago)flame fans got on there and just badmouthed every canuck fan that said anything at all, it was brutal, so i have a long memory and I still hate them to this day...........
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Toronto wins my vote.. been hating them for over 40 years... and see no reason to change :)... I get sick and tired of listening to the CBC and watching lousy Leaf games instead of the Canucks.. Guess the main reason is I grew up being a Montreal fan ( before there was a Canucks in the NHL ) .. and every Montreal fan hates the leaves :)
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
georoa
CC Rookie

Post by georoa »

My favorite team is the Vancouver Canucks and anyone else who plays the Oilers. Ive had to listen to relatives in Edmonton for to many years regarding the Oilers and The Eskimos. The last couple of years it's been great to see the "City Of Champions" turn into the "City Of Chumps". I don't hate any fans though, I commend those that are die hards for thier teams like Iam for the Canucks.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Flames by far. I have despised them since the days of ol' Lanny McDonald. The hatred was rekindled when they knocked us out a few years back. I have no problem with the Oil - actually kind of like them - and from my experience here in Edmonton don't seem to get too much hatred directed at me as a Nucks fan.

As per the fans: The only fans I really have a problem with are Vancouver's. I can't stand the booing of opposing teams and the opposing goalie jeers. Totally devoid of any class. Ironic, coming from a city that prides itself on its so-called sophistication. Not only is such behaviour classless, it is many times counter-productive in that the opposing players step it up a notch. I was almost glad when Turco stepped it up last year after he got the chanting catcalls in the playoffs.

Anyway, in my mind we should be chanting Luongo or cheering for our team instead of wasting time jeering the other team or its players.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Team wise it's got to be a toss up between the leaves and the Flames. The leaves as someone already mentioned because of the waste of CBC resources on such a lousy product. C'mon 40 plus years of losers!! Wake up for shit sake, we don't want to watch that garbage!!The Flames because they have to have the least knowledgeable fans in hockey, with the thinnest skins. I have been kicked off of their Calpuck site twice for reasons that are too childish to even make sense, hell we put up with six and crotch bandit and nobody kicks those morons off. Once they called me a troll because one of their "fans" and I disagreed over the usefulness of Aucoin. Yep that was it. I said Aucoin was done, too many injuries and he was too slow for todays NHL and he called me a troll. I got an email banning me for life! Another time I'm arguing about a dirty hit laid on a player by an otherwise exellent player in Rehgyr. He called me a newbie amongst other things and told me I didn't know what I was talking about. I told him I was almost 55 and had been in and watched hockey most of my life. Then I noticed he had posted 10 thousand times, yep 10, 000 TIMES in less than 3 years. Whoa says I maybe you should get a life. BOOM I was banned for life. Other than them meh nobody but I have to admit to a certain pride about the quality of life here in the Lower Mainland compared to Edmonton or Calgary. I have spent some time in both places and as cities go...yuck...they are dirty, windy and either too friggin' cold or hotter than hades, Geez they get snow in the middle of August. Their cultural amenities really leave something to be desired and when Pronger's wife wanted out of Edmonton believe me I understood why. Now that I'm going on about Edmonton it is such a joy to watch them suck as bad as they do because for about 5 years in their history they did have a good team and all I can remember is that smug shit Sather and his grin when he put down other teams. I said then and I say it now, that was all they had because no one really wants to live in that hole. :lol: :lol: :lol:
WpgJets
CC Veteran

Post by WpgJets »

The Flames, ever since Macoun knocked out Hawerchuk in the 1985 playoffs.

Second is the Toronto Centre-of-the-Universes.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Lately I've really despised the Minnesota Wild. I can't really tell you why, but there's something about those smarmy bastards and their fans that really pisses me off. Maybe I'm still smarting from 03, but I really hate them. I enjoy beating them more than any other team. I used to hate Calgary with a passion too (and the Avalanche before them) but for whatever reason it wore off. I figure eventually my hatred of Minnesota will fade too, but for now I laugh maniacally every time a puck goes into their net, regardless of score.
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

DonCherry4PM wrote:

As per the fans: The only fans I really have a problem with are Vancouver's. I can't stand the booing of opposing teams and the opposing goalie jeers. Totally devoid of any class. Ironic, coming from a city that prides itself on its so-called sophistication. Not only is such behaviour classless, it is many times counter-productive in that the opposing players step it up a notch. I was almost glad when Turco stepped it up last year after he got the chanting catcalls in the playoffs.

Anyway, in my mind we should be chanting Luongo or cheering for our team instead of wasting time jeering the other team or its players.
I hate to point this out, but this happens in every arena I've seen a game in (which has been 4 NHL arenas - Vancouver, Toronto, Florida and Atlanta). This isn't something that's specific to Vancouver.
West Coast Jets Fan
CC Veteran

Post by West Coast Jets Fan »

Flames, followed closely by leaves.

Of course every former Winnipeger also hates Phoenix.......
1972-1996

3 Avco Cups
BigBert
CC Rookie

Post by BigBert »

mmm...

i'll take calgary for $1000, alex...
Disclaimer: This is an internet message board. The messages you read and their authors are to be taken seriously at your own risk. Remember, you don’t have ANY idea who these “people” really are, do you?
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

should add a poll to this question...

It's tough for me to choose. I hate the Avs quite strongly, although I love Sakic... I didn't mind the avs for awhile there but getting Foppa back makes me hope they crash hard. I'm not a big flames fan, but when it comes right down to it I'd like to see every Canadian team make the playoffs ahead of any Amercian teams, (Even the leaves) so I'm rooting for the Avs and Nashville to be on the outside looking in come seasons end... I don't hate Americans or anything, I just always like watching Canadian cities battle it out and progress through the playoffs, makes for great games and great atmosphere! Although the Avs and Wild do have decent fans
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Can't stand Minnesota because of their dull, boring hockey (bugs me that the canucks play that way too).

Mostly hate the American expansion teams where the attendance is crap and the city bends over backwards to keep the dream alive (i.e. Nashville).

Don't hate Deadmonton, just feel sorry for the people who live there. Nothing but snow and a big frickin mall.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Toronto wins my vote.. been hating them for over 40 years... and see no reason to change ... I get sick and tired of listening to the CBC and watching lousy Leaf games instead of the Canucks
I couldn't have posted that any better I don't think ... although I also really don't like Minny ... not so much the team but their style of play .... especially after watching that last game ...

Grizz