Peter Forsberg

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

volsungr
CC Veteran

Peter Forsberg

Post by volsungr »

Does anyone know if Peter Forsberg is with the team yet or at the morning skate if they have one today?
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Think of this for a moment.

Have the Av's simply scooped the other GM's by signing Forsberg to in essence a 1 year deal ( next seasom) by paying 1 million this season, play or not play and then having him ready for next season for $5 million and less Cap space.ie they're reducing next years Cap by 1 million paid this season where they have excess space. Unless he can't still pass the medical test in which case he retires ...

Not sure if I've expolained this very well
cheers
newostar
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by newostar »

I haven't heard of him being available for the game. All TSN etc. are saying is that he will be "close to returning".

I'm guessing he will go straight to Denver and play on their upcoming homestand. Especially after the big win last night over Calgary.
Entwonder
CC Veteran

Post by Entwonder »

Fred wrote:Think of this for a moment.

Have the Av's simply scooped the other GM's by signing Forsberg to in essence a 1 year deal ( next seasom) by paying 1 million this season, play or not play and then having him ready for next season for $5 million and less Cap space.ie they're reducing next years Cap by 1 million paid this season where they have excess space. Unless he can't still pass the medical test in which case he retires ...

Not sure if I've expolained this very well
Are you suggesting that they are paying Forsberg $1 million this year, even though he is not ready to play. Then, next year he signs for $1 million less than he would have requested?
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Entwonder wrote:
Are you suggesting that they are paying Forsberg $1 million this year, even though he is not ready to play. Then, next year he signs for $1 million less than he would have requested?
Exactly, they've presume he will be ready to play next season and sign him in effect for $5 million having already payed him a million this season when they hace Cap room
cheers
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

interesting... it would fit with everything I think of the Avs. Regardless, I've decided that it's much easier and natural to continue hating Forsberg than to try and force myself to awkwardly fall in love with him were he to sign in Vancouver. I can worry about that again in the summer...
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

yeah, to be honest I'm surprised he only signed a one year deal. There was a lot of talk earlier on that he wanted a 3 year deal at least. Maybe you're onto something there Fred...
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Fred, that's a pretty ingenious scenario I'll give you that.

Looks as though he skated but isn't playing, the report doesn't sound like he's ready yet...
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

Visa problems... You know, an anonymous tip to Homeland InSecurity about Forsberg's charitable donations to an al Qaida sleeper cell in Nashville could delay his arrival in Denver indefinitely.... ;)
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Who cares about this old injured piece of crap, his foot goes the wrong way into a skate. He is a injury away from the I R.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

"get out there and tap his ankle"
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

It was kind of funny (in a really mean way) that both Foote and Salei, at one point or another, looked injuried in last night's game... you have to think that if Forsberg were dressed, a similar fate may have befallen him. :lol:
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

so... Forsrberg has 11pts in 8 games played this year. The Avs are 7-1 with him in the lineup. Even with the missed games due to injury (which we all knew was going to happen) it's pretty safe to say that even one-legged Forsberg is a diffeence maker. And WOW I hate him right now.

sigh... if only... could he have been the difference or do you think he wouldnt have panned out the same if he had signed here?
FrozenPuck
AHL Prospect

Post by FrozenPuck »

Yeah, Forsberg is doing better than I expected. Much better. If he can stay healthy, the Avs could do damage - that's a big IF though.
Gimme as much hockey news and updates as possible - love to have some clue what's happening in my pools!
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

but even with the IF... and its already shown up. For the games you do have him, isn't it worth it?!?