Beech gone !!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Soapy
MVP
MVP

Beech gone !!

Post by Soapy »

CKNW has learned that the Canucks have put forward Kris Beech on waivers.

Who's next? Isbister or Ritchie I hope....
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

Wow - that didn't take long.

Well, at least he was good for a goal. :)
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

Alas poor Kris, we hardly knew ye...
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Wonder if they are trying to flog some guys to make room for a trade ??

Grizz
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

probably just heard a bunch of fans going off about our collection of plumbers and DN yeilded to the pressure from these boards......
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

AV consideres his quickness to be an issue. The first 2-3 steps just not doing for AV who lets face it depends on the fore check to a large degree
cheers
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I really don't get this one. We claim him off waivers and less than 2 weeks later he's gone? I realize he didn't really fit into our system, but aren't our scouts supposed to watch him to see if he does? Did Nonis just pick him up on a whim? I don't think he was noticeably good, but at the same time I have been much less impressed with Ritchie and Isbister in the same time he has been here.

This screams of a reactionary move to me. Basically 0 chance that anyone will claim him at this point. Are you ready to stop attempting these reclamation projects yet Dave?
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

levelheaded wrote: Are you ready to stop attempting these reclamation projects yet Dave?
I think he will be once he can clear about 10 million of cap space this summer.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sic puppy »

levelheaded wrote:I really don't get this one. We claim him off waivers and less than 2 weeks later he's gone? I realize he didn't really fit into our system, but aren't our scouts supposed to watch him to see if he does?
I agree levelheaded....not sure why you would bring a guy in for just 4 games. Something isn't right with this move....locker room issues or coaching differences ?

Beech did toil under Hitchcock who maybe similar in discipline ? But 4 games in...?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

No reason to release Ritchie. He may be a slight disappointment, but at least the effort is there. If Beech had any heart and chutzpah he could probably be a decent player. He has some talent, but that isn't enough to carry him .
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

levelheaded wrote:I really don't get this one. We claim him off waivers and less than 2 weeks later he's gone? I realize he didn't really fit into our system, but aren't our scouts supposed to watch him to see if he does? Did Nonis just pick him up on a whim? I don't think he was noticeably good, but at the same time I have been much less impressed with Ritchie and Isbister in the same time he has been here.

This screams of a reactionary move to me. Basically 0 chance that anyone will claim him at this point. Are you ready to stop attempting these reclamation projects yet Dave?
Remember this is the Pro scouts, not scouts in general. They've had some good pick up and some noy so good. Weaver for instance has played better than I would have expected plus he's a southpaw, Isbister size and experience, Beech and Chouinard not so much. Richie's OK, intense and quick
cheers
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Linden Is God wrote:
levelheaded wrote: Are you ready to stop attempting these reclamation projects yet Dave?
Actually more like $7M because starting next year BXA costs us $3.25M than he does now.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

WERE GETTING SUNDIN.....

lol kidding.

meh. maybe its a message to others that if you dont skate you dont play. maybe Trevor is going to get more games now and this is just making room.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

levelheaded wrote:
Linden Is God wrote:
Actually more like $7M because starting next year BXA costs us $3.25M than he does now.
Cooke and Miller aren't likely to be back, and if DN can find a taker for Lukas, there is another 1.5.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

What a waste of time, space and money.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu