Getting time to fire Vigneault

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

SRsez wrote:
Tukaram wrote:
SRsez wrote:We'll wait until the end of next year's playoff run. Then all you guys that don't want him fired will be screaming for his head.

As usual, I'm about a year & a half ahead of the curve.
Don't sprain your arm patting yourself on the back. :roll:
Don't worry, I realize I know more about the Canucks than about 95% of so called "die hard" fans. I just enjoy enlightening the world with my insight.
You rate right up the with Pratt.

Interesting you still haven't responded to the question of who replaces Vigneault in this little fantasy of yours and why they'd do a better job.

I'm all about trying to improve the team and the coaching staff when it makes sense. This, at this point in the season, makes no sense.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Kowch wrote:You rate right up the with Pratt.

Interesting you still haven't responded to the question of who replaces Vigneault in this little fantasy of yours and why they'd do a better job.

I'm all about trying to improve the team and the coaching staff when it makes sense. This, at this point in the season, makes no sense.
Makes no sense - to you. Which doesn't surprise me seeing as how you're either 1) an idiot; 2) illiterate; or 3) both. Which also makes you closer to Pratt than I care to think about. Yes, the world is full of morons.

Perhaps you should try to read & understand before you go shooting off your mouth.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

SRsez wrote:
Kowch wrote:You rate right up the with Pratt.

Makes no sense - to you. Which doesn't surprise me seeing as how you're either 1) an idiot; 2) illiterate; or 3) both. Which also makes you closer to Pratt than I care to think about. Yes, the world is full of morons.

Perhaps you should try to read & understand before you go shooting off your mouth.
Honestly SRsez, I couldn't really care less of what you think. The fact that you'd respond to a question with an low class ad hom isn't really suprising giving your past posting history. You've given no reason for Vigneault to be fired other than you think so, given no alternatives as to his replacement and no reason why any replacement would do anything different or better than Vigneault with the players that are in place.

Then you go and pat yourself on the back for a job well done because somehow you feel you're above everyone else here.

And for the record, I'm not going to back off for calling you on the carpet - you posit that firing Vigneault is the right move and would help this team. Why is that oh wise one? Again I ask - who do you hire at this point in the season to come in and do better than he has? You're the one making the statemet... where's the reasoning?

And sorry... "Because I said so" won't cut it.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

SRez wrote:
AV has now proven that he is unable to get the team to go the extra mile.
Back to topic ... I am not sure I completely agree SR ... I think he has already gotten the "miles" out of what he has been given with ...

... realistically how far do you expect the team to go when you have an underachieving "star", two very good but not incredible players (Sedin's), injuries and roster filled with pluggers ? We can't have Luongo stand on his head every nite and expect to win all our games 1-0 or 2-1.

No I think AV has done a very reasonable job given the assets he has. I would be alot more critical of him if we had a star studded roster and weren't winning ...

Grizz
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Kowch wrote:The fact that you'd respond to a question with an low class ad hom isn't really suprising giving your past posting history. You've given no reason for Vigneault to be fired other than you think so, given no alternatives as to his replacement and no reason why any replacement would do anything different or better than Vigneault with the players that are in place.

Then you go and pat yourself on the back for a job well done because somehow you feel you're above everyone else here.

And for the record, I'm not going to back off for calling you on the carpet - you posit that firing Vigneault is the right move and would help this team. Why is that oh wise one? Again I ask - who do you hire at this point in the season to come in and do better than he has? You're the one making the statemet... where's the reasoning?

Call me on the carpet? You live in a dirt floored shack, don't you, you inbred ignoramus? That's why you don't have a clue as to what carpet even is!

Why don't you just go back & read who I already said would make a much better choice than AV, you ignorant waste of air? FYI, I had already answered your bullshit question before you even had the idea to ask it.

Any other brilliance you'd care to show the rest of this forum to prove how incredibly stupid you are?
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

So you were being serious with your suggestions of Pat Quinn and Larry Robinson? :lol: Why not throw Gordon Bombay on the pile too? I hear he's looking for work.
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

SRsez wrote:
Kowch wrote:The fact that you'd respond to a question with an low class ad hom isn't really suprising giving your past posting history. You've given no reason for Vigneault to be fired other than you think so, given no alternatives as to his replacement and no reason why any replacement would do anything different or better than Vigneault with the players that are in place.

Call me on the carpet? You live in a dirt floored shack, don't you, you inbred ignoramus? That's why you don't have a clue as to what carpet even is!

Why don't you just go back & read who I already said would make a much better choice than AV, you ignorant waste of air? FYI, I had already answered your bullshit question before you even had the idea to ask it.

Any other brilliance you'd care to show the rest of this forum to prove how incredibly stupid you are?
I will apologize, as I did miss the tail end of the post where you put forth both Quinn and Robinson, and personally I think Robinson might be good (but not in the middle of the season) but Quinn would not.

However your personal attacks are unwelcome and extremely uncalled for and therefore I'm done with you - you make it impossible to actually debate a topic as you seem to take it personally. Your posts are 99% insult and 1% actual content. You appear to be unable to debate a topic in a civilized manner and are really not worth my time.

Good day to you.
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Alright, enough. SRsez has been giving a choice via PM. It's his choice whether he will be allowed to stay here or not.

I will not tolerate the name calling and insults happening in this thread.

The rest of you please move on.
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

i'm not sure that canning a jack adams winning coach after a short losing streak is a good way to show confidence in the players...right now, his system is what they play. they've shown they can win with it. change that mid-season?

ottawa went thru a 7 game losing streak, calgary has had 1 if not 2 5 game losing streaks...it's a long season, it's going to happen.

so maybe it's now a question of a fair-weather fan, but it is a knee jerk reaction.
-----------------------------
no more Bieksa-bashing!
cgyfireman
AHL Prospect

Post by cgyfireman »

SRsez wrote:
cgyfireman wrote:You guys have one of the best coaches in the league....no way you fire him.
What do you know? Another EBL=more bullshit. Quelle surprise.

Calgary has one of the best coaches in the league - too bad for them he's the GM. :rofl:

Whoa....you my friend are full of hate.

Had this site recommended on Calgary Puck.....not so sure anymore.
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

AV will never be as great as Keenan was..

Not even close.
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

Naslund Is King wrote:AV will never be as great as Keenan was..
We can only hope. 8-)
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

cgyfireman... don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. It's a great site, with awesome discussion, and (mostly) grown up interaction, with great input, interesting angles, and for the most part, incredibly respectful, well thought out, and genteel. If there's one glaring fault, its that we tend to get sucked into a fight with a wanker-poster rather easily, Bertuzzi style.

you wanna talk hockey and enjoy different perspectives without getting cyber-lynched, you're in the right place. Just don't brag too much about the Flames... you get what you give. :)

ST
cgyfireman
AHL Prospect

Post by cgyfireman »

No worries,I'll stick around...always enjoy visiting other teams sites.

1 point up on you guys,can it get any closer?
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

cgyfireman wrote:
SRsez wrote:
cgyfireman wrote:You guys have one of the best coaches in the league....no way you fire him.
What do you know? Another EBL=more bullshit. Quelle surprise.

Calgary has one of the best coaches in the league - too bad for them he's the GM. :rofl:

Whoa....you my friend are full of hate.

Had this site recommended on Calgary Puck.....not so sure anymore.
Hang in there buddy ... there are some great posters here with some excellent insight etc. Always good to hear from someone new that can add to the conversation .... so welcome and enjoy things here.

Grizz