WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

newostar
CC 2nd Team All-Star

WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?

Post by newostar »

I have no answer to this, but hoping some of you will have a vision of the Nucks immediate future.

Some say they can't be any worse? But does that mean they will be better? And is Better Good Enough.

Your thoughts below:
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

We will bore us to death, for sure... ;)

Not to misunderstand , as i said i'm pretty dissapointed too, but there's a fine line between winning and loosing (Guess who said that recently ? :lol: ) and it's still possible for this team to crawl back but they have to be mentally focussed on this, i don't know how big of a calibre this guys are to turn it really around like last year after christmas...... the situation now is definitly much more worse.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Frankly I must say that was the worse game I have seen certainly at GM Place but maybe long as I can remember.

They looked like a team lacking normal skills like taking and giving a pass but also as though they were returning for the first scrimmage from a year long lay off. Brutal does not descibe the game.

About 2 weeks ago I watched a university game and the game was far far better.

The Edler shot to Salo's face really demonstrated what was happening out there, Edler wanted to get just rid of the puck and Salo had no idea why he was where he was at the time, ahead of Edler despite Edler being the last man back with the puck and on his wrong side

Twice I watched with amusement when players knocked down their own team mates, players lost their edges with no one near them. I don't recall one real hit ( if you discount Cooke nailing the backboards)

Few if any concerted attacks or puck control in the offensive zone, after the 5 min mark. Three players chasing the puck in to the corner and still loosing it

Ugly
cheers
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Frankly I must say that was the worse game I have seen certainly at GM Place but maybe long as I can remember.
Worse than that Flyer game earlier this year ??? .... ouch !!!!

Grizz
roobytoozday
AHL Prospect

Post by roobytoozday »

Maybe they'll start turning things around. Morrison is playing wel, Kesler is starting show why he's getting paid so much, the twins are, well they're the twins. Maybe with Edler & Bourdon finally coming of age they can make the playoffs.
CDC can kiss my A$$
whistler
CC Veteran

Post by whistler »

They've turned it around and, odd as it may seem, the skewed schedule might have helped.

Assuming they can continue to play, and win, with the hard hat style they showed against the Flames and Avs, they could be a solid team through the season.

That weird schedule gave them an unprecedented practice slot within the early season allowing them to address deficiencies and focus on their systems after having it made painfully clear that it was a make-or-break situation.

One other bonus we have, given the injuries to veterans, is that AV is an experienced coach of young players.
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

whistler wrote: One other bonus we have, given the injuries to veterans, is that AV is an experienced coach of young players.
True, there were a couple times in key situation last couple games where he was comfortable enough throwing out both Edler and Bourdon, and he'd relied heavily on Hansen in certain parts to carry some ice-time.
Mark
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

i think because of injuries, we have some really young and inexperienced players put in key situations because they have no choice. theyre going to improve because when it comes down to it, they are all playing alot of hockey maybe a bit too early but with time they will adjust and start playing much better.
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Actually.. the latest injury to Bieksa maybe a blessing in disguise.. This year his play defensively has been terrible. Addition by subtraction.. Edler is far more responsible defensively.. Don't know how long Bieksa's going to be out.. But might be a good idea to " showcase " him .. trade him and keep Edler and Luc .. Both look good enough for 5 and 6 men.. With either Miller or Weaver.. as 7..
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

To be fair to this version of the Canucks and A.V that last two games have been anything but boring to watch. I've called out the managment and coaching staff as well as the players for playing painfully boring hockey but I also have to give credit were credits due and the last couple of games have been entertaining.
Don Cherry for P.M.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I never understood how somebody find a hockey game really boring.

If it's so called boring, in reality isn't imo because you can also follow and discuss plays and tactics in relation to the mistakes and "misbehaviour".

I would divide it in categories from bad to good but not boring.

So hockey never gets boring. ;)
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
whistler
CC Veteran

Post by whistler »

I agree Cookie.

I haven't seen any games I would classify as "boring" though "frustrating" came to mind a few times.

Boring hockey would be the third period of the Oilers' games in their heyday.
They'd jump out to a four-goal lead then shut the game down with a neutral-zone trap that included hooking, holding, clutching & grabbing....effective but admittedly boring.
Though I hate the phantom calls in the 'new' NHL, I also have to admit that the game has opened up.

The worst that can be said of the disappointing Canucks games is that they spent too much time working the periphery of the ice and too little time attacking up the middle. The constant dump 'n chase wasn't resulting in quality chances.

But they seem to have addressed this failing and have mixed up the attack in the last three games.
The Swedish trio are creating multiple chances, Kesler is carrying the puck in at speed, Burrows & company are buzzing the net ...the opposing team is attacking against our young defense allowing Luongo to shine and forcing our whole team to get involved in the defensive zone while we hold our breath.

Not boring at all.