Bertuzzi's 1st game with the Ducks...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Bertuzzi's 1st game with the Ducks...

Post by Cornuck »

Just finished watching the game, and Bertuzzi looked good out there. He's lost a few pounds, was moving, stayed in front of the net - and one of the Ducks best players.

Maybe reuniting with May and Burke is what he needs at this point? Let's hope his back holds up and he play the season.

Meanwhile, the Kings looked pretty good - they've got a ton of talented young players and could (should) make the playoffs this year.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Re: Bertuzzi's 1st game with the Ducks...

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Cornuck wrote:Just finished watching the game, and Bertuzzi looked good out there. He's lost a few pounds, was moving, stayed in front of the net - and one of the Ducks best players.
Sorry Cornuck (i love big bert), but he played damn awful, i'm going to scratch him out of my pool team. :twisted:

ps: i totally missed his domination out there, like he really was 4 years ago in here. :oops:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I agree that he wasn't dominating, but he was better than I was expecting. We'll see what tomorrow brings...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

That line Getzlaf, Bert and Bobby Ryan will be tough to contain this season, man there's some power there
cheers
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Bert needed a change, he was such a negative person here the Canucks would be half the team than they are now with him. We got good trade value from getting rid of him, Florida lost badly.

Why is Iron Mike in Calgary? :mrgreen:
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Jovorock wrote:Bert We got good trade value from getting rid of him, Florida lost badly.

You have to think Florida was trying to unload payroll ?
cheers
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

A goal and an assist last nite ... might be a bit of a poolie sleeper pick. We'll see ...

Grizz
Mooger35
CC Veteran

Post by Mooger35 »

Grizzly wrote:A goal and an assist last nite ... might be a bit of a poolie sleeper pick. We'll see ...

Grizz
Hope so... I took him in the later rounds. :)
Peter: Just don't forget our deal, Lois. I sit through this and later tonight I get anal. You hear me? No matter how neat I want the house you have to clean it.
Larionov
CC Veteran

Post by Larionov »

I have no doubt Bertuzzi can get some points if he stays healthy. My question is about the physical aspect of his game. That was always his selling point, but I'm thinking that as an older guy with a bad back, he will likely become more of a perimeter player, and won't be nearly the feared physical presence he once was.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

he will likely become more of a perimeter player, and won't be nearly the feared physical presence he once was.
kinda like shanahan?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Fred wrote:
Jovorock wrote:Bert We got good trade value from getting rid of him, Florida lost badly.

You have to think Florida was trying to unload payroll ?
Basically that trade is Loungo, Bert, Auld, Krajicek for Allen. Good trade for Florida, no wonder why Iron Mike got fired.
Entwonder
CC Veteran

Post by Entwonder »

Florida got some draft picks for Bertuzzi.

Vancouver got 1 guaranteed (if not injured) year of Luongo for 1 guaranteed (if not injured) year of Bertuzzi. The fact that Luongo signed for 3 more years is gravy. He could have become a free agent.

Injuries to Auld and Bertuzzi cloud the image of this trade dramatically.
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

Keenan gets too much crap for that trade.... Luongo didn't want to play for the Panthers, period... what else could Keenan do? Yes he could have gotten more for him (not much more I don't think.. the Ottawa deal wouldn't have been that great) If Bertuzzi has a healthy year he would have put up around 70 points or so and would have been re-signed.

The Panthers at least got a top 3 D-man in Allen.
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

Oh and 2 points in 4 games so far.... nothing to write home about.
hairball
AHL Prospect

Post by hairball »

Always wanna see bert do good but last year we burned his picture in effegy and didn't feel too guilty ( no canucks uniforms were injured ) and to get luongo has been great maybe only for the fact that in a hockey town like Van he has risen to godlike status and sadly enough we will lose him when he is worth too much
hockeyhockeyhockey