Linden to sign for the league minimum?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

JCardinal wrote:600,000 plus bonuses:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=216584&hubname=nhl
That's a fair deal. Certainly a heck of a lot fairer than the minimum.

After last year's playoffs, $950,000 for 82 games from Linden is about right.

This raises a question, when is a games played bonus available? For any player older than 35? I thought there was an significant number of games missed due to injury requirement in the prior year or two. Was that satisfied by the one game he was benched last season?
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

I'm glad Linden's getting more than the league minimum. The league minimum would have been a slap in his face and a slap in the face of all his fans. I hope he wins the cup---goodness knows he deserves it, and we've all been waiting far too long!
MinnesotaCanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by MinnesotaCanuck »

Welcome back Trev. Lets get Foppa and we'll have all 4 lines rounded out.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

MinnesotaCanuck wrote:Welcome back Trev. Lets get Foppa and we'll have all 4 lines rounded out.
Amen ;)
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

If it would have taken somewhere in the neighborhood of a million bucks to sign Linden, we would have been stupid to sign him, if those reports of him getting up to double elsewhere are true.

Glad to hear we didn't break the bank.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I had friend call me with the info, and all I could think was "GREAT DEAL!!!" - for both sides.

Another great day to be a Canucks fan!

Go Trev!!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

:mrgreen: Hell yeah, i still have one more players jersey from the current roster. :rockin:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

Meerschaum wrote:
JCardinal wrote:600,000 plus bonuses:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=216584&hubname=nhl
That's a fair deal. Certainly a heck of a lot fairer than the minimum.

After last year's playoffs, $950,000 for 82 games from Linden is about right.

This raises a question, when is a games played bonus available? For any player older than 35? I thought there was an significant number of games missed due to injury requirement in the prior year or two. Was that satisfied by the one game he was benched last season?
actually it's 600k for the 82 games, and 350k in performance bonuses, we don't know what those actually are yet.

and those 350k can be pushed to next year's cap count.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Heart and soul ... team first ... I am glad he is back even if it is only in a limited role ...

... up side is if he has limited ice time throughout the season he will be all fresh and ready to go for a big playoff run ... cause you can't deny he is ALWAYS one of the Nucks best playoff performers ... love to see him holding the Cup for us ... !!

Grizz
Mooger35
CC Veteran

Post by Mooger35 »

Meerschaum wrote:This raises a question, when is a games played bonus available? For any player older than 35? I thought there was an significant number of games missed due to injury requirement in the prior year or two. Was that satisfied by the one game he was benched last season?
From page 189 of the CBA

(C) "Performance Bonuses."

(1) "Performance Bonuses" means any Bonuses set forth in a Player's SPC, the payment of which is contingent on the Player's achievement of some agreed-upon benchmark(s) related to his performance as a Player or his Club's performance during a particular League Year.

(2) Performance Bonuses shall be allowable under this Agreement only for:
(i) Players with Entry Level SPCs under Article 9 of this Agreement;
(ii) Players aged 35 or older as of June 30 prior to the League Year in which the SPC is to be effective, who have signed a one-year SPC for that League Year; and
(iii) Players who are "400-plus game Players" for pension purposes, and who: (i) in the last year of their most recent SPC, spent 100 days or more on the injured reserve list; and (ii) have signed a one-year SPC for the current or upcoming League Year.
Peter: Just don't forget our deal, Lois. I sit through this and later tonight I get anal. You hear me? No matter how neat I want the house you have to clean it.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Totally happy with this. This guy was will be worth every nickel and dime come playoffs. VERY happy to have Trevor bad, cudos to DN for not trying to force a minimum contract on him.
havril
CC Rookie

Post by havril »

Okay, let's throw this out...

Now that Trev has signed to what is quite likely his last season... will/should he wear the "C" -- either full time or on a "rotating" basis with Nazzy?

Would Naslund offer it up? Would management suggest it?
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

havril wrote:Okay, let's throw this out...

Now that Trev has signed to what is quite likely his last season... will/should he wear the "C" -- either full time or on a "rotating" basis with Nazzy?

Would Naslund offer it up? Would management suggest it?

you can throw it back where it came from :)

seriously tho. its been hammered as a discussion for a long time now.

Trevor does not need the C and the team does not need him to be the C. Naslund will retain until hes done with the Canucks he is nowhere near enough vocal for me as a Captain but I can be happy that he is our Captain.

I want Willie Mitchell to take over the C when its time.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

mattola wrote:
you can throw it back where it came from :)

seriously tho. its been hammered as a discussion for a long time now.

Trevor does not need the C and the team does not need him to be the C. Naslund will retain until hes done with the Canucks he is nowhere near enough vocal for me as a Captain but I can be happy that he is our Captain.

I want Willie Mitchell to take over the C when its time.
My sentiments exact. I think Linden was the better captain, but it's too late to take it away from Nazzy. This shouldn't even be a point of discussion.

And I'm behind you 100% that I hope Mitchell gets the C when it's time to pick a new captain.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel: