Yaaaaay CBC.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Yaaaaay CBC.

Post by SRsez »

So apparently the new guy in charge of sports at CBC is about as brilliant as Nancy Lee, his predecessor.

And we're gonna be blessed with listening to F-head Ferraro on HNIC.

I ask you: Couldn't we just have more Millen?
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

I haven't heard anything about Ferarro working for Hockey Night in Canada....

Link
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Actually I read somewhere that Craig Simpson will be Hughson's wing man and will be eased in to the A team slot for the 2008-2009 season. That might be interesting. Although I did like the insight that Remenda had to give, although he needed to flow better.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
F15 Driver
MVP
MVP

Post by F15 Driver »

I don't care who they put with Jim Hughson, I'm really only listening to him.
The one and only thing CBC has to change in their HNIC coverage is get rid of Statler & Waldorf (Cole & Neale).
Can't stand those guys...
F-15E Strike Eagle - Cadillac of the Skies!
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

Linden Is God wrote:Actually I read somewhere that Craig Simpson will be Hughson's wing man and will be eased in to the A team slot for the 2008-2009 season. That might be interesting.
Here it is:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=33 ... rvice=page

And it's a great move for CBC, if Simpson's commentary during the playoffs this year was any indication.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

orts wrote:
Linden Is God wrote:Actually I read somewhere that Craig Simpson will be Hughson's wing man and will be eased in to the A team slot for the 2008-2009 season. That might be interesting.
Here it is:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=33 ... rvice=page

And it's a great move for CBC, if Simpson's commentary during the playoffs this year was any indication.
I just hope he's not pro Oilers during his broadcasts.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

gordorama
MVP
MVP

Post by gordorama »

Linden Is God wrote:
I just hope he's not pro Oilers during his broadcasts.
Ya think? The wouldn't replace the pro-leaves guys with pro-oilers would they?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

remenda was fucking awful. Worse than millen even. Ferraro could be good. he needs more polish but he has more credibility than Remenda and he is bettern than Millen at this point. At least he can and will improve. Stay off that whalley meth SR Sez . I am going to rent a Schoolbus to send back your 100 homless methheads on the banks of the Coquitlam River back to Whalleyworld where they came from. :lol:
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I read somewhere Remenda is going back to doing Sharks games.

Am I the only one that liked what Remenda said? I know he was bad in how he said it, but he was insightful. Seemed like he had first time jitters all year long.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

dmandood12
AHL Prospect

Post by dmandood12 »

Really? i thought craig simpson :roll: :cheers:
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Remenda is absolutely brutal! You're right Linden Is Good. It did seem like he had first time jitters the whole time. The problem, I found, was that the games he called lacked absolutely any life. A great sportscaster should be able to add energy to a game, not take away from it! I'm sure Remenda is a nice guy and all but he simply isn't interesting at all to listen to. Not to mention, I also felt that he also had a tendency to point out the obvious too often.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

rockalt wrote:Not to mention, I also felt that he also had a tendency to point out the obvious too often.
This was probably from calling Sharks games, seeing as they tend to state the obvious in non traditional American markets.

I thought he offered some good insight. Problem was being able to listen to him spit it out. Apparently he was loved in San Jose, so it's probably better he's there.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Ferraro isn't much better than Remenda. I've heard enough of RF on 1040 to know he's full of BS and than he's an apologist for the Avalanche franchise, of which his brother in law is a member. He tried to pull crap this season in an incident where he described a Willie Mitchell hit as being "anything worse than Steve Moore did to Naslund." Ferraro lost any credibility and any respect right then and there. I'm not interested in seeing or listening to him cover any sporting event.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

The problem with F-head Ferraro is that he thinks because he played for 20 years, everyone should fall all over his every word. But when you actually listen to what he says it adds up to not much, or total stupidity. No wonder The Idiot(tm) likes him so much.

But hey, that Whalley meth is pretty good. :drunk:
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)