Canucks 2007/2008 Schedule

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Canucks 2007/2008 Schedule

Post by mattola »

nuckknowitall1944
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckknowitall1944 »

penguins in vancouver dec 8
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Ever since Burkie left, our sched has gotten worse & worse.

Time for Dave to take a few fines & tell it like it is: Morons run the league.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

What really gets me is 13 times on Saturday night and the Laufs are on 26 times? The CBC is equally screwing up the NHL as Butman and the boys! DN has to scream bloody murder for this.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
kevinsanity
AHL Prospect

Post by kevinsanity »

mattola,

Thank you!!! SJP is NOT good looking! She may have a hell of a publicist, but she IS not, WAS not, and NEVER WILL BE anything remotely approaching sexy.

Kevin
Gary Smith's Valet
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

kevinsanity wrote:mattola,

Thank you!!! SJP is NOT good looking! She may have a hell of a publicist, but she IS not, WAS not, and NEVER WILL BE anything remotely approaching sexy.

Kevin
lol. I dont really care much for her at all but that is not my quote. I found it on another website from a poster and almost had tears in my eyes when I read it as my wife was watching sex in the city at the same time. it was realy damn funny at the time
x00x
CC Rookie

Post by x00x »

I have to say that I am extremely irritated by this year's schedule --- not one game in eastern canada and no games against at home either. For those of us (and there seem to be a lot given the attendance last year of canucks fans in mont/tor/ott) who support the nucks from afar even a game in vancouver is better than nothing... helps us shut up the lousy fans in ott and tor!

boo!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

oof...

last 10 games are all against NW rivals.... that will be the season in a nutshell...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

x00x wrote:I have to say that I am extremely irritated by this year's schedule --- not one game in eastern canada and no games against at home either. For those of us (and there seem to be a lot given the attendance last year of canucks fans in mont/tor/ott) who support the nucks from afar even a game in vancouver is better than nothing... helps us shut up the lousy fans in ott and tor!

boo!

It's frustrating. I'm moving to Toronto in the Fall to attend University, and I won't get to see a single Canucks game at the ACC or anywhere else out east. I guess I'll just have to settle for finally getting to watch the Sabres in person.
whistler
CC Veteran

Post by whistler »

I liked the National Post head line...

'There are more NHL games played in England, this season, than matchups between East and West Canada.'
Delray
MVP
MVP

Post by Delray »

I'm just happy they are coming to South Florida. Will be my first Canucks game in about 5 years.

As for SJP...a horse is a horse of course of course...
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

from another forum, a guy basically had spreadsheeted the whole schedule.

where, Toronto has 6, SIX, 4 games in 3 nights. While Senators has 23, TWENTY-THREE, 4 games in 3 nights.

--------------------------------------------

It's no wonder the league is getting ran into the grounds. CANADIAN teams not playing against each other? Where's Hockey Day in Canada? Triple Header Canadian match up? The day where bars actually have people in it while the sun's out?

There's so much marketing that the NHL can do with it's schedule, yet, they throw it in the face of the fans every year.

Just some random ideas :

Rematch of finals day - Past 3-5 years of Stanley Cup finals rematched!
Ducks - Sens
Canes - Oilers
Lightning - Flames

Detroit Redwings 90s week, they host Devils, Avs, Stars, 3 games in 7 nights. Off day events detailing the rivalries of the 90s.

Battle of Alberta week Fest.
4 games in 7 days. Alternate home games!

Subway series!
Islanders VS Rangers, again, 4 games in 7 days, alternate home games.

Canada VS USA. Ottawa VS Washington.(Captals) Vancouver VS Rangers('94), Montreal VS Detroit(Close borders/historic matchup), Oilers VS Islanders (80s), Flames VS Atlanta (Flames DUEL!) Oilers VS Stars (crazy matchups in playoffs), Toronto VS Boston (original 6!)

There's plenty of things that can be done. They don't do it because they lack the brainpower to generate these ideas. Sure it might be hard to schedule it in ... but how about, you set these dates and make the other games work around these days? So fans would circle days on their calendars, make sure they have their TV, and sit and watch all day while their favorite games are on.

You make these gimmicks, so the TV networks actually have things to sell for.
Why do college football sell on TV? Not because they play great games, but because they can sell it, ooo RANDOM NAMED Bowl, pretend to have a historic feel, pretend it's important, sell it to the fans!

I can write a damn 2 hour pre-game show that they can repeat each game for the battle of alberta, just run damn clips! Throw odd things in there, mascot fights, tracktor races, whatever it maybe, sure it's crazy, but it sells the game!

instead, there's no new ideas, nothing, sure these division matchups @ end of year is nice for playoff races, but what about the OTHER 74 games of the year?
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Madcombinepilot wrote:oof...

last 10 games are all against NW rivals.... that will be the season in a nutshell...
At least the last 4 are at home.

Based on the last few years alone, I have no reason to get expect the NHL to do anything for the fans when it comes to scheduling.

Yes, and SJP's face is a problem - just saw LA Story last night and was reminded of it...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

I don't like the new schedule. But I never do so, meh....what are ya gonna do. Van always gets screwed, i'm not surprised.
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.