naslund

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

how well do you think nazzy would do with the sedins if he played properly

100+ season
3%
75-90 points season
55%
40-65 points season
38%
horrible
3%

Total votes: 29

nucksguy01
AHL Prospect

naslund

Post by nucksguy01 »

mark my words, NASLUND will have a 85-100 point season nexy year. naslund is gonna acually try next season which means puttin him with the sedins would easily make them one of the top lines in the nhl. just watch people naslund will show you all! :D :D :D
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Re: naslund

Post by Cookie La Rue »

nucksguy01 wrote:mark my words, NASLUND will have a 85-100 point season nexy year.
Where does that fit to your choices of voting ? :lol:

Anyway, i don't think Nazzy will be ever coming close to higher levels because of the changed system and his personal style.

As long as he's fighting and backchecking and i'm ok with that (not watching at his salary (imo it was fixed years ago and for me has nothing to do with his recent performances ;) ). What matters most are not his individual records but the team's winning records and he belongs to the team. Beside that he's still one of the "finer" players skill wise but i guess he'll be in the same point range like last season.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Naslund lost his wrist shot after the hit from Steve Moore, and the ensuing surgury in the off season. I hate to burst your bubble, but Nazzy (as much as I love him) will be lucky to get 75 points this year... and he won't be playing with the twins either.

sorry dude.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Yeah - as much as I'd like to see this happen, it ain't gonna happen.

mostly due to the 'defense first' approach.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

I agree too ... I don't think you will see any huge points from him ... the Nucks overall team game has done a complete 180 and defence is now their focus. Build around Luongo ... there will of course be a few players that score points (Sedin's) but I doubt it will be Naslund ... he will likely play on the the #2 line and again see his PP time downsizing. 65-70 points max is my prediction ... and thats being generous.

Grizz
kingofrockstars
MVP
MVP

Post by kingofrockstars »

You missed 66 to 74 and 91 to 99. We all understand. First thread. There is usually a poll and lots of those little happy faces. Welcome to CC.
The police never think it's as funny as you do
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

I would be happy to be wrong here but given his declining skills, lack of talented line mates and the D-first system the Nucks play he'll be lucky to get 60 points.

Prove me wrong Nazzy!
R.I.P. Luc.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

I'd love to see him rebound but it's clear he's lost his most dangerous weapon the wrist shot.

He's a $6 mil second liner at this point.
Delray
MVP
MVP

Post by Delray »

We all realize what he is capable of doing. I hope he proves us all wrong a hits the century mark.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

tantalum wrote:he's lost his most dangerous weapon the wrist shot.
I thought Bertuzzi was his most dangerous weapon.

seriously though. this is naslunds last kick at the can to make a mark on this team as its captain. its his last year most likely and I hope he can find it in him to be the scorer and leader that we need him to be.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

SERIOUSLY i lost hope in Nazzy, the same story with myself, :mrgreen: but if he's really coming back next season , it'll be.......like.....

Blue skies in Vancouver shine on this our Stanleycup. :rockin:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

i would not be surprised if he was able to increase his scoring total from last season.

Opposing defenders would tend to ease up now because, they, all think that Naslund's done for as an elite scorer, giving him more space as he's less threatening.

now, wouldn't that be just perfect as Naslund rebounds?.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Jelly wrote:i would not be surprised if he was able to increase his scoring total from last season.
Oh yeah, he's capable, but is he willing?

He's still the guy we should have traded before Bertuzzi.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Jelly wrote:i would not be surprised if he was able to increase his scoring total from last season.
Ill consider it a success if he increases by a minimum of 10 goals and still is a plus player......
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

I don't know if Nazzy is the best fit on the Sedin line. With the current lineup, I guess he fits best if we desperately need a goal near the end of the game. Still I wouldn't want to load our 3 best players on line providing they don't have the natural chemistry that, say, the WCE had.

I'm not as down on Nazzy as some other posters here but at the same time, I don't think his decline in production was for lack of effort. He really worked hard this year and brought out a full effort even when he wasn't scoring. Still, there seems to be something missing in his shot, hence his decline in production. I appreciated his backchecking and hitting (see playoffs). I think he'll bounce back with a 30+ goal year, but I doubt he'll hit 40+ again.

In regards to playoffs, a lot of people were ragging on him but I thought Nazzy was one of our harder working players and also one of the better players throughout both of the series. We were absolutely dominated in Game 5 against Anaheim and many people will say Luongo was the only one playing out there, but I ask you to objectively look back at that game and take a look at Nazzy's play. IMO he was the ONLY Canuck who looked remotely dangerous and was busting his ass to get the job done. Not much you can do if your teammates don't follow suit. Nazzy's play in the Ducks series leaves me cautiously optimistic for next season. He may no longer be "elite" but he's still got the skillset to be a very good player (first liner) in this league.

Nazzy's play in game 5 against the Ducks raises an issue that was really bugging me in the playoffs. Is anyone else getting sick of the knock on European captains? Seriously, I think it's ridiculous to continue to lump them all as underperformers and say that no team can win with a Euro captain (obviously they haven't been in the league as long - hardly their fault. It's inevitable that a team with a European captain will win the Cup eventually). Alfreddson was absolutely amazing in the final game against the Ducks. Everyone knocks this guy but he scored 2 amazing goals at KEY moments (one shorthanded by the way) in the most important game of the year. He was single-handedly keeping the Sens in that game and leading by example. If he were Canadian, I'm sure everyone would raving about his heart and hussle. He had a sensational playoffs and his team was simply beat in the finals by a better team. It just gets frustrating listening to this endless tirade against Euro-captains.

Personally I very much look forward to watching the first European captain-led team to win the Cup next year! :D