Krajicek signed!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Krajicek signed!

Post by Linden Is God »

GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

that's about 200k more then I would've wanted to pay, hopefully next year he'll be as good as he was later in the season and not earlier on.

Just a top 6 forward, a #6 defenseman, a 4th line centre and a backup goalie left.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

i think its a good signing... were gonna need the defense for sure, and i dont think he played terrible last season either.
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

$1.1 million is a little rich for my blood. If you're going to pay that kind of money, why not sign him for longer than just two years (like, 3-4 years)? I can't think of many players who perform at the same level after a sweet contract the way they did the season before, so I figure Krajicek won't play any better than he did last season (in fact, he'll possibly do worse). He may improve the season after that (go figure, contract year), but you're paying two seasons at a price which likely will only justified for one. Then Krajicek can hold the team for ransom again for something higher.

Yeah he's young and has potential, but $1.1 million for three goals, 16 points and -4 and 5/6 D-man??? Unless he bulks up and adds muscle, he'll still get bitch-slapped in his own end by anyone bigger than Paul Kariya. He has not shot to speak of that I ever saw. If Nonis is paying for potential and promise, it makes no sense to sign him for anything shorter than 3 years.

The more I think about it, the less I like it..... :|
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

Yeah, it's a hundred thousand or two too much - but that's Nonis' style. He always leaves a little money on the table - and that's not bad reputation for a GM to develop. You want these deals to be win-win for both the club and the player. There's no sense in creating sour feelings and resentment in the locker room over a couple hundred thousand dollars. Nonis has generally been more than fair to his players on their resignings - presumably to generate enough goodwill so that he has an opportunity later in their careers to ask for the Salo-esque discount. I'm not complaining about his approach.

I'm very pleased with Lukas' game. He is still improving, and the upside is clearly there to see. On a number of nights at the end of the season and during the playoffs he was one of our better guys on the ice. Yeah, he still gets manhandled from time-to-time, but a little more bulk and some work on his positioning should improve that side of things. Pairing him with a bigger partner would help too, and I'm guessing that's a season or so away when Luc makes the squad.

Well, on to resign Rory! ;)
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Meerschaum wrote:...but that's Nonis' style. He always leaves a little money on the table - and that's not bad reputation for a GM to develop. ...
Exactly - and for Krajicek, I'm not going to complain about it - he seems like a solid guy who will only get better.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."