Thank you Tom Larscheid

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

Badfish when Shorty is calling a play he is very good. Like I said he has a great voice. He seems like a really nice guy too. My problem is when the play is going on and he is saying nothing for long stretches. I don't remember Jim Robson doing this, ever.

Many times he will be talking about something else while the play is going on.Unacceptable.

I want to know who's on the ice for the faceoffs

I want to know who won the draw and where it went.

Many, many times with Shorty I don't know these things.

I wouldn't be against him staying if he would call the play while the play is going on and leave the out of town score board, shots on goal and friendly banter with Tom for the stopages.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

If you people never had the honor of listening to Jim Robson call a Canucks game, you are the poorer for it. Not only did he call the game but knew tidbits about players that he would insert into his commentary without missing a beat of the play-by-play. He was truly amazing. There is one guy that I wish had the chance to call a SCF game that we won. He is in the broadcasters part of hockey hall of fame for a good reason!!
I still miss him'
Shortys voice is too whiney for me, he's okay, but...................
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Robson was in a class of his own for radio. Shorty is a distant second, but still does a fine job.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Yeah ... sad to see him go ... I also grew up listening to him and Robson ... what a job though eh ?? Love it ... if he does retire, lucky to the guy that takes his place.

Grizz