For the love of god AV... switch the PP units around!!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

The main problem is imo that the Ducks are pretty strong and aggressive on the pk. They are trying the same as the last half year of the regular season but it is more difficult right now. I hope they just have to adjust to the Ducks and it'll click tonight after taking time to learn the lesson the last game.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

I think Arbour and tantalum have it right on the mark: When the Canucks are on the PP, they tend to simply stand around like a bunch of wallflowers, waiting for someone else to make things happen. Compare that with Anaheim, whose players are constantly moving around and getting open. That's what made the difference in game 3, and I sure hope AV and the Canucks do a better job tonight.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

See Anaheim's first goal in game 3. I'd rather Luongo didn't play the puck more. It's simply not his strong suit. Which is fine. I'd rather him be a poor puckhandler than say have a weak five-hole or glove hand. Just not his game.
I think thats the first game I've seen by Luongo in a while though where he wasnt playing "well". The thing is he's created such a high standard for himself that when he has games like he did in game 3 where he seems mediocre, everyone gets critical. Nonetheless, all critiscism aside, I think that was a realization to everyone that Luongo cant steal EVERY game for us. Thats why we need things like our powerplay to click so in the games where he breaks down or just isnt having one of his god-like days we can score 4 and 5 goals and win the game.
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

I was sick to my stomach to see this thread in 24 yesterday... Who's on here from 24?? Poor choice in post selection!!
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

I was hoping Pratt would use his connections to get me in the Province...
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

we're all hoping things about you...
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Oh?
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

and the PP fails again.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Well, since you have such good comments JOSi, what would you suggest the Canucks do to start scoring on the power play?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

and I'm going to have to go get a copy of yesterdays 24...
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

and to fix the powerplay... I'll get back to you on that by tomorrow.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

you know you dont have to create a new post for each sentence you wanna say. they're called multi-sentence posts.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

uh huh...

Well the season could be over tonight if the powerplay isn't fixed.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:uh huh...

Well the season could be over tonight if the powerplay isn't fixed.
why do you only show up when the canucks lose?
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

I've noticed when the Canucks are on the powerplay as opposed to Anahiem or even Dallas the wont attempt a quick bang bang play, or two passes in a row that might be considered riskey. By the time they have aquick look around the defense has taken away the pass to a guy in front and its back to the cycle or point.

With the Detiot teams it was always two passes and a shot from whereve the puck happeded to be so the forwards knew when to cras the net . Perhaps somthing this simple would be a good place to start.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister