Kesler out 4-5 weeks with broken finger

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Kesler out 4-5 weeks with broken finger

Post by mattola »

FRAK

team 1040 and TSN
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

This sucks. I guess we know why Hansen and Smith were called up.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Linden Is God wrote:This sucks. I guess we know why Hansen and Smith were called up.
Why would they call up a raw rookie like Hansen?

I thought Moran and Reid played OK when they were up, they both play centre or wing and both have significant pro experience.

With Cooke, Burrows and Kesler out Santala, Smith and Hansen are definately playing Friday unless they call up another guy after getting the Kesler news.

I'm puzzled.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Man -what a bad break (no pun intended) - just when we were so excited about his return.

Maybe it's karma for Nonis to keep him out until now to save cap space?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

Cornuck wrote: Maybe it's karma for Nonis to keep him out until now to save cap space?
Yeah, also karma 'cause we were lucky to be so very healthy coming into the playoffs. I thought the same thing about Bieksa's injury :(
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Crud... Cooke, Burrows and Kesler all out. Our penalty killing is about to take a HUGE hit... :(
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

Wow. We lost four guys in under 24 hours. Two from crazy fluke injuries. Just terrible luck.

If our top 9 forwards felt tired at the end of last night's game, wait till the end of next week. Sheesh.

Honestly, if we don't get at least two of Cookie, Burrows or Green back within a game or two, things will not be looking particularly good for this series. Dallas has enough depth to feast on the likes of Santala, Smith and Hansen.

Gut check time.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge.

We needed that like a kick in the teeth. The PK forward team that gave us the #1 spot is literally all gone, unless Burrows might come back (and apparently he thinks he can).
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

Jyrki21 wrote:The PK forward team that gave us the #1 spot is literally all gone, unless Burrows might come back (and apparently he thinks he can).
Well, if worst comes to worst AV can always call upon the Twins on the PK - but that will leave them with precious little energy to dominate those Oh-so-critical fourth overtime periods.

Oh well, on the bright side, that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger. ;)
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Larry Goodenough wrote:
Linden Is God wrote:This sucks. I guess we know why Hansen and Smith were called up.

I thought Moran and Reid played OK when they were up, they both play centre or wing and both have significant pro experience.

With Cooke, Burrows and Kesler out Santala, Smith and Hansen are definately playing Friday unless they call up another guy after getting the Kesler news.

I'm puzzled.
I have no idea, but that's what the email I got from from canucks.com said today.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Meerschaum wrote: Oh well, on the bright side, that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger. ;)
If that adage were actually true, Canuck fans would be, like, bending bars and knocking over buildings by accident.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Larry Goodenough wrote:

I'm puzzled.

Well, Hansen is a winger to replace Cooke whereas as Reid and Moran are centres. I guess they figure Smith fits in more as a checking line winger then either of those two. To be honest, I'm not sure why they aren't being recalled, but who am I to question Vingeault? Everything he's done this year, no matter how strange it seemed at the time, has turned to gold.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

WTF

a broken finger.

so what?
tape it up, and play hockey.

this is PLAYOFFS. screw your finger.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
magnum44
CC Veteran

Post by magnum44 »

Agree 100%. Obviously I don't have an informed medical opinion on Kesler's injury but I have to say it is striking the difference in attitudes betwee Kesler and Burrows. I think Kesler's tutelage under Bertuzzi is showing. Are there any good doctors in BC who specialize in repairing stone hands? Maybe Kes can get a heart transplant when he's in the hospital, he should be able to afford it and he's not getting paid for the playoffs anyway. Why play and show how mediocre you really are when you can cash in on your "potential" for a couple more contracts.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

magnum44 wrote:Agree 100%. Obviously I don't have an informed medical opinion .
Then why do you bother with the post?