Congratulations to Henrik Sedin

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Congratulations to Henrik Sedin

Post by mattola »

for breaking the most assists in a season for a Canuck. long standing record has been broken.

Congrat Hank well done.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

I second that... well done Hank 8-)
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
gordorama
MVP
MVP

Post by gordorama »

Kudos To Hanks Indeed! :cheers:
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

I watched the hi-lights on Sportsnet ... Jason Portuondo announced that Henrik Sedin had broken Andre Bou-dwaa's record...I wanted to kick my TV in...how can you go on the air & mis-pronounce a name like that...a Canuck legend no less...but what can you expect from these morons from Ontario....I will forever call Sittler....SHITler...
Here's a cool little blurb from Boudrias...you would think that the Canucks would have flown him out for the photo opportunity :roll:

Henrik, a slick-passing centre, has slotted himself into the team record book for assists in a single season with 63, bettering the Andre Boudrias mark of 62 set 32 years ago.
Boudrias, 63, is ninth all-time in Canucks scoring with 388 points and is ranked the No. 17 all-time greatest Canuck according to Canucks.com.
"Every record is there to be broken and it looks like it's going to be gone," Boudrias said of Henrik's pursuit, before he had to leave to get to the Bell Centre to take in the Habs-leaves game.
"There's nothing I can do about the record now," he said. "Maybe I should have got a few more assists back then, if Vervie could have put a few more in.
"It brings back some great memories of that year, things I maybe wouldn't thought about if people hadn't been mentioning it to me.
"I'm just glad the Sedins are good players, progressing every year."

Henrik is aware of the record, but doesn't know much about the man who set it.
"Like you said, it's been there for a long time," Sedin said, "but right now we're fighting for top spot in the division. The record is something you look at in the offseason -- if you make it.
"It would be an accomplishment, but it's nothing I think about right now."
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
dallasdman
CC Rookie

Post by dallasdman »

Congrats to "Hank the Tank". He got a standing "O" and a Henrik chant which were well deserved.
THE ZAMBONI STOPS FOR NO ONE !!!
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

plus 2 more assists tonight. they just keep adding up!
Way to go Hank.
I guess you showed all those "fans" calling for the two of you to be traded from year one!