Oh Captain My Captain! Where art tho?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Oh Captain My Captain! Where art tho?

Post by mattola »

Markus where are you please dont go away again! we need you we need 3rd we need 100+ pts. we need our Captain!!!!!!

Edler looked good
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

It seems to be the one missing thing Alain hasn't been able to do yet is to help Markus find and get his confidence back. One final button... c'mon where is it?

I know Markus uses a wooden stick. What if the coaches proded him to try the new composite and see what it does for the shot? Maybe it's time to give in and give it a go?
Hercules_Rockefeller
CC Rookie

Post by Hercules_Rockefeller »

What I would do is give him a magic feather. I'd say, "Marcus, this is a very special feather. It's the same feather that gave Jari Kurri the ability to score so many goals (Wayne Gretzky is a figment of your imagination). If you put this feather in your jock, you'll be the greatest goal scorer the league has ever known." Then, after he'd regained his scoring touch, I'd take away the feather and say, "See Marcus, you didn't really need the feather, you were a good scorer all along. Then he'd smile, we'd high-five, and eat ice cream cones while skipping
Formerly Dangerous Dan.
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Hercules_Rockefeller wrote:What I would do is give him a magic feather. I'd say, "Marcus, this is a very special feather. It's the same feather that gave Jari Kurri the ability to score so many goals (Wayne Gretzky is a figment of your imagination). If you put this feather in your jock, you'll be the greatest goal scorer the league has ever known." Then, after he'd regained his scoring touch, I'd take away the feather and say, "See Marcus, you didn't really need the feather, you were a good scorer all along. Then he'd smile, we'd high-five, and eat ice cream cones while skipping
Funny !!

Do you think Naslund is hurt again? Lord knows he never takes time off when he's hurt...he looks weak ....back or elbow again?? I'm not trying to make excuses but its unexplainable how far he can drop off....
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Hercules_Rockefeller wrote:What I would do is give him a magic feather. I'd say, "Marcus, this is a very special feather. It's the same feather that gave Jari Kurri the ability to score so many goals (Wayne Gretzky is a figment of your imagination). If you put this feather in your jock, you'll be the greatest goal scorer the league has ever known." Then, after he'd regained his scoring touch, I'd take away the feather and say, "See Marcus, you didn't really need the feather, you were a good scorer all along. Then he'd smile, we'd high-five, and eat ice cream cones while skipping
It's MARKUS
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

i think marKus will get his shit together for playoffs...
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

Oh I forgot... Robert... i dont play hockey so i dont really know what the main differences are between wooden and composite sticks... how would the switch help him?
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

I doubt if injury is the factor for Naslunds play, he's been at the same level for way too long with no improvement, I would expect him to either improve or take time off to heal,neither has occurred so I'm guessing it's either old age and/or confidence issues.

I find it ironic that with all the massive changes this team went through that getting their best player to regain his form is their biggest challenge.

But their winning and that supercedes everything
yee-freakin-ha
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

tuzzi44 wrote:Oh I forgot... Robert... i dont play hockey so i dont really know what the main differences are between wooden and composite sticks... how would the switch help him?
I was listening to an interview a few days ago... I forget who, maybe Tomlinson but anyways he was saying how big of a difference they really are. A lot more than I had thought but said that if you have a wrist shot that can't hit the net from the blue line you could ping it off the crossbar with one of these. Basically they are much lighter, and give you a harder, faster shot.

If being the sniper with the killer wrist shot is Naslund's game, why not give it a shot?

As always though there is a tradeoff, and we know what that is... they break easy.
Hercules_Rockefeller
CC Rookie

Robert wrote:
tuzzi44 wrote:
As always though there is a tradeoff, and we know what that is... they break easy.
Actually, they don't break easily. In fact, they last much longer, The problem lies in that you can't detect the stress breaks like you can with wood, leading to breaks at inopportune moments
Formerly Dangerous Dan.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

tuzzi44 wrote:Oh I forgot... Robert... i dont play hockey so i dont really know what the main differences are between wooden and composite sticks... how would the switch help him?
composite would break more which would cause Pierre Mcquire to Snap

composite would increase the velocity of the shot

Naslund has been asked about why he uses the Wood still and I think it was because he has a better feel of the shot and control on it.
Mantle
CC Veteran

Post by Mantle »

I may be wrong but I thought I saw Naslund playing with a composite stick last year. I know he was using a wood stick for his first 40g season though.
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

The flex on a composite stick snaps back faster that a wooden stick meaning the puck leaves the stick faster and a a greater rate of speed.

If I was Markus Naslund I would waive my no-trade clause in a heartbeat to get out of playing in this city with the stunned fans ( not all but a remarkably large amount) and c@#ksucking media and go play where they would appreciate his skills and willingness to change his style of play for his coach.

People ! Markus is playing on a line with Jeff Cowan and Brian Smolinski! Do you not realize this? Brendan Morrison is not on his line and Todd Bertuzzi was traded to Florida for Roberto Luongo. What the fuck do you expect? When he was with the Sedins earlier this season he was scoring at a fine pace. He's not on that line anymore!

If he was on that line all season Taylor Pyatt would be in the fucking press box by now!
He dosn't have Brendans puck pursuit abilities or Bertuzz's super soft hands feeding him any more! Seriously! You people need to watch the next game with an open mind and forget all the shit you heard on the team 10 40.

He has also been asked to play more of a defensivly responsible role, which he has.

Last year they have a shitty goalie and hes let run offensivley wild, this year they have the best or one of the best goalies in the league and he is put on the third line and asked to play defence. Go figure?
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

+1 at $6M is NOT that defensive. I don’t think I want a soft captain like we are seeing aside from potting the odd goal and set up. He played with Morrison at the start and it didn’t work. Naslund is NOT playing like a Captain should. Naslund is NOT scoring like a $6M player should. He’s a superstar and should be able to find the back of the net more than he is no matter who is plays with. It’s why he makes $6M a season. Yes Im bringing up his salary alot and in this Cap world is makes a MASSIVE difference in what we should expect from him. He has declined in points and goals EVERY year in his last 4 season so it’s not like we are jumping on him for one bad season

No need to be dropping F Bombs all over the place either.
Hercules_Rockefeller
CC Rookie

Defensively responsible? I sure didn't see that when he got taken to school by Brown last night. The fact is, Naslund is playing heartless, sulky hockey. When a player gets demoted to the 3rd line, it's supposed to motivate him, not make him sad. I agree that Naslund needs better linemates, but it doesn't matter who he's playing with, 2 assists in 10 games is pathetic.
Formerly Dangerous Dan.