Would you bring Bertuzzi back?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Would you bring Bertuzzi back?

Yes
31%
No
69%

Total votes: 29

SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Island Nucklehead wrote:At 5 million, no friggen way. I'd sign him for 3 if we could. You know he's still pretty much a point-game player, despite not being the game breaker he used to be. A "bad" season for him is still 70 points. If we're going to pay Kesler 2 million for 25 points, and 1.5 for 20 out of Cooke, I don't care how whiney the guy is, if he can score us some points, and elevate Naslunds game to the 6-million mark again, absolutely...
Yep, $3M, in a heart beat. Anything more & no way.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Logically, my brain answers no.

However, the idea of Nazzy/Bert/Mo and Twins/Pylon is very, very tempting.

I say no to a deadline deal trade, because they'll be wanting to get as much as possible for him, and I highly doubt it'd be easy to steal bert back after the Luongo deal so far looks like it was already a huge steal for us.

However, if he's a UFA, and genuinely WANTS to come back to play with Nazzy, in a city he seemed to like, and he came cheap, say... 2.5 for a year, just to finish off Nazzy's contract as well... makes me drool a bit. Would love to see nazzy ride into the sunset with Bert, him and the twins bringing a cup to Van with Trevor!

but like I say, logically, I'd have to say no. The optimist dreamer in me would take him back in a second. Then again that might not be so far off, as the optimist dreamer in me also said I'd love to see Linden get more of a chance to play offensivly again and start to shine, leading us back once again to the promised land.... and that's not looking so far fetched right about now ;)
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

I just can't see how we could afford him under the cap anyways even if it was tempting and he would consider it ... he isn't going to take much less money - I would think 4 or 5 a year would be his bottom line and thats being fairly optimistic.

Hypothetically then lets play DN ... He is showing interest at coming back to Vancouver... at say 4.5 a year ... what do we do ?? Do we need to move someone for cap room ?? How would we re-arrange the roster and then build lines?

Grizz
Luongo19

Post by Luongo19 »

[quote="Meerschaum"]No. The club is in the middle of a rebuilding process, so we don't really want to be giving up any youth for "rentals".

Bertuzzi is a bumb...PLZ DON'T BRING HIM BAC
theNaslundianOne

Post by theNaslundianOne »

Of course I would, him in front of the net grabs d-mens attention which in turn can free up some skating lanes and openings. Im sure it would boost up Naslunds numbers quite a bit and it would improve his morale. But only for 3.5 million tops.