I've got some beefs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

I've got some beefs

Post by ClamRussel »

I tell you....far from jumping on any bandwagon there are some very troubling things going on w/ this club imo. Sure we're on a 5 game winning streak but don't be fooled by that....Nonis better not rest on his laurels here. They always say its hard to make a trade when you're losing.....cause everyone knows your desperate. Well, perhaps now is the time to make a move since he's more or less in the drivers seat.

A) Jan Bulis : Its time to pull the plug here imo. His lacklustre drives me nuts and w/ Naslund floating around like a wounded duck there's just no room for Bulis' half spirited efforts....which more often than not result in a hooking penalty when he does put some effort into it. This guy has a strong skillset but something is just missing. He's supposed to be here to provide secondary scoring and its just not happening.

B) Markus Naslund : Is this guy hurt or is he done? My guess is the former.....so if thats the case then park his ass and force him to rehab his injury. I just can't see him being healthy.....he doesn't even skate hard anymore....those one handed stick check/pokes are starting to drive me nuts. when's the last time he took a decent shot? That penalty shot effort tonight was brutal.....he can't even put some effort into skating in on goal & just glides in? This is FAR beyond him missing Bertuzzi as a linemate....this almost a different player altogether. Is his injury to his heart? His spirit definitely doesn't seem to be there at all right now....this is really starting to snowball and something has to give because he's starting to make Bulis look good out there. At least if he was on the IR he'd be helping us by clearing up cap space to use on a player (even if temporary) who could be helping on the ice. I'm really puzzled by what I'm seeing out of our captain right now.

C) Lukas Krajicek : Is there any Canuck that lacks hockey sense as much as this guy right now? Wow. Even his skating isn't impressing me anymore. I used to think he could be a player in the Hedican mold but he's got miles to go to be even that good and Bret was always a support defender for us. He's too soft and is not contributing offensively right now.....I'd much prefer a more defensive player who can fight & hit. Skating is important but his timing is brutal.....passing is poor and doesn't seem to have much of a shot.....but then again he uses it so little its hard to tell. Bieksa seems to me to have questionable hockey sense at times but I chalk that up more to the high-gambling game he likes to play (a la Jovanovski) and at least he gets the job done & makes his presence felt on every shift.......but can we really afford to have a guy out there making questionable plays who doesn't produce results? I'd be really looking to bring in a stronger defender if I was Nonis.....how I do not know but thats his job.

Thoughts?
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: I've got some beefs

Post by tantalum »

ClamRussel wrote: A) Jan Bulis : Its time to pull the plug here imo. His lacklustre drives me nuts and w/ Naslund floating around like a wounded duck there's just no room for Bulis' half spirited efforts....which more often than not result in a hooking penalty when he does put some effort into it. This guy has a strong skillset but something is just missing. He's supposed to be here to provide secondary scoring and its just not happening.
Bulis is what he is. If he was at all consistent he would be a 40 goal scorer and top 3 forward. But he is very inconsistent and as a result he's a 15-20 goals scorer. He's paid a bit much for that but not too much. It really is what we should have expected. The hope was he would gel with the twins but that didn't really happen. But Bulis has good nights and bad nights.
B) Markus Naslund : Is this guy hurt or is he done? My guess is the former.....so if thats the case then park his ass and force him to rehab his injury. I just can't see him being healthy.....he doesn't even skate hard anymore....those one handed stick check/pokes are starting to drive me nuts. when's the last time he took a decent shot? That penalty shot effort tonight was brutal.....he can't even put some effort into skating in on goal & just glides in? This is FAR beyond him missing Bertuzzi as a linemate....this almost a different player altogether. Is his injury to his heart? His spirit definitely doesn't seem to be there at all right now....this is really starting to snowball and something has to give because he's starting to make Bulis look good out there. At least if he was on the IR he'd be helping us by clearing up cap space to use on a player (even if temporary) who could be helping on the ice. I'm really puzzled by what I'm seeing out of our captain right now.
He's hurt no doubt about it. His weapon (wrist shot) is gone. He's taking slapshots. I can't help but wonder if this is one of those injuries that doesn't get worse if he plays but requires season ending surgery to actually fix. It's a tough call to make early in the season...have your captain go through that now or after the season ends. I see the logic in waiting but now it's getting to the point that Naslund better find some way to contribute offensively or it is best he go on the IR. If it isn't injury it's a huge $6 million dollar albatross.
C) Lukas Krajicek : Is there any Canuck that lacks hockey sense as much as this guy right now? Wow. Even his skating isn't impressing me anymore. I used to think he could be a player in the Hedican mold but he's got miles to go to be even that good and Bret was always a support defender for us. He's too soft and is not contributing offensively right now.....I'd much prefer a more defensive player who can fight & hit. Skating is important but his timing is brutal.....passing is poor and doesn't seem to have much of a shot.....but then again he uses it so little its hard to tell. Bieksa seems to me to have questionable hockey sense at times but I chalk that up more to the high-gambling game he likes to play (a la Jovanovski) and at least he gets the job done & makes his presence felt on every shift.......but can we really afford to have a guy out there making questionable plays who doesn't produce results? I'd be really looking to bring in a stronger defender if I was Nonis.....how I do not know but thats his job.
Nonis needs to bring in another defender I agree but not to replace krajicek but to replace Rory. Krajicek looks very good when paired with a competent partner like Mitchell. When paired with Rory it's a disaster because Krajicek can't play to his strengths...he has to be arund to try to cover for Fitzpatrick's gaffs. And keep in mind the kid is young. He's still only 23 years of age. Also keep in mind that he is getting nearly 20 minutes a game for the year (17+ lately)...i think that would shock people. He makes mistakes yes but given he is getting that icetime and is paired with a guy who should be in the pressbox or the minors I think he has done a pretty good job. He is a #5/6 guy right now and that is how he is playing. But he holds tremendous promise yet.
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

I dunno about Naslund, if he is playing hurt why include him in the shootout?...

With the Nucks having $35 million tied up in just 12 players next season and this season being the end of the Naslund era and the dawn of the Sedin era in Vancouver should Nonis decide now is the time to deal away his captain, I would suggest he look to Florida...

With Bertuzzi a UFA next season the Panthers have to find a way to re sign him or the Luongo for Bertuzzi deal could go down as the most lopsided trade in Nuck history...

With Naslund in Florida, there would be a very strong chance of Bertuzzi re signing for at least one more season....

Take care...
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

bertuzzi's lackluster play will be no better than naslund's right now, remember last season???

plus i dont think Bertuzzi is looking to get back into a "hockey market"
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

plus i dont think Bertuzzi is looking to get back into a "hockey market"

I was thinking Naslund to Florida and Bertuzzi re signing in Florida...

Take care...
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Bulis - definitely a floater and appears lazy ... its hard to respect a player like that cause you know he is a guy with some talent. What do you think he is like in the playoffs when more is on the line ... is he one of those guys that picks it up then ?

Naslund - Not sure what is up with him ... love the guy but he is clearly playing with little confidence and an apparent lack of enthusiasm. Maybe that is due to an injury ... I agree with Clam then ... if he is injured let him rest and get better so he can be effective for us down the stretch. If he has a wounded heart or he is not into it anymore then maybe a deal with Florida (back to Bert) will help him. I don't think he would ever admit that though.

I really hope things turn around for him ... from a business point of view ... 6 mil a year is a ton of money for his lack of production. On a personal level I hope he can sort out what is ailing him so he can get back to the old Naslund.

On a positive note ... Luongo is looking really really sharp ... He has out duelled Kipper and Turco recently and I think now we can easily say his strong play is getting us points.

Grizz
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

while we are at it, send Santala doen to the minors. If he doesn't clear waivers... meh
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

Madcombinepilot wrote:while we are at it, send Santala doen to the minors. If he doesn't clear waivers... meh
RElease him altogether. That guy is the most useless player on the Canucks this decade.
Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

Heh he might very well be. I think Brochu was in this decade though......

I agree with trying to move Bulis now while we are winning. Kracjek though holds a lot of promise. He is playing a lot of minutes and is extremely young. He would bring a lot back I think but he is one of our top prospects I believe. Certainly Bourdon wouldn't be looking any better playing that many minutes a night for us.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Naslund will be here long enough to take his rightful record as all time in Canucks scoring.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Grizzly wrote:Naslund - Not sure what is up with him ... love the guy but he is clearly playing with little confidence and an apparent lack of enthusiasm. Maybe that is due to an injury ... I agree with Clam then ... if he is injured let him rest and get better so he can be effective for us down the stretch. If he has a wounded heart or he is not into it anymore then maybe a deal with Florida (back to Bert) will help him. I don't think he would ever admit that though.
Big :?:

I think it's a little bit of both, an injury that's not as painful that would prevent him from playing plus low confidence. Logically there's no other explanation or AV must be nuts to let him shoot a first penalty suffering in heavy pain......or wait....he don't admit having this pain ?
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

or wait....he don't admit having this pain ?
Doesn't admit to having a wounded heart and missing Bert is what I was implying ... I think also he kinda brushes off any injury he has ... they were saying the other nite on the game that he doesn't like to talk about it at all. Downplays it ...

Grizz
Reverend Smack
CC Veteran

Post by Reverend Smack »

Naslund is more of a hinderance than a help right now; so if he is hurt put him on IR and if he is just floating then bench his candy ass. I would rather bench him and have someone out there that can and will give %100. I think he is hurt. :mex:
The truth may hurt...but it is still the Truth...Have a nice day :)
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

I dont care if hes injured or not... AV needs to grow some balls and bench the guy. hes playing like shit, bench him. period.
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews