Nedved claimed by Oilers

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Nedved claimed by Oilers

Post by mattola »

are they going to be moving a forward for a dman now?
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I geuss they're going to trade one of their centres for a D-man now. My geuss is Stoll. This is really unexpected, I was certain Ottawa were going to pick up Nedved. If they don't already have a deal worked out this is an extremely risky move.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Stoll seems like the likely candidate. Montreal has surplus D, and Ottawa could use Stoll.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Stoll is too important for their PP.....can't see it unless they get a true quarterback in return. Nedved is a bum, strange move indeed. I guess Philly gets 50% of his salary against their cap....is this the first time thats happened yet?
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

levelheaded wrote:I geuss they're going to trade one of their centres for a D-man now. My geuss is Stoll. This is really unexpected, I was certain Ottawa were going to pick up Nedved. If they don't already have a deal worked out this is an extremely risky move.
Yeah i thought the sens were going to pick him up too because of their injury troubles, even the sports channels were saying that the sens were going to claim him from waivers... BUT i came across this little tidbit of info that i didnt know about... lower place teams get first pick at the waiver line:

"It was reported earlier in the week by the Philadelphia Inquirer and Ottawa Sun that Senators would claim him, but the Oilers who are below the Senators in the standings took him first."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=190567&hubname=
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

Yes, Virginia. There is a panic button.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

I think it's a sign of desperation. Why would anyone want Petr Pan, he's maybe the most selfish, heartless player the Canucks ever drafted. The reality is that the Oylers aren't that good a team. Don't let their run in the playoffs last season fool you, they were perhaps one firing of Crawford by Nonis down the stretch away from missing the playoffs and that was with Pronger in their lineup. They call Horcoff a young player and he's almost 29. He had a career year last season and is now playing to his abilities. They thought at the beginning of this season they were the second coming of the 1984 Oylers and would be scoring goals in bushels. It hasn't worked that way as other forwards aren't putting up big numbers. Lowe is going to move a forward for a D-man since their defence is the worst in the NW.
puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by puckhead »

wonder why he's such a sought-after floater now? This is his third trip through waivers.
He was stinking up the AHL, too. According to TSN, Toronto and Ottawa had claims in for him.
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!