My approach with the Canucks

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Screw vote for rory, would you vote for Jarkko?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:19 pm

YES, of course he is still the reigning NHL anklelock champ
50%
NO, Ruuts never called me back after he said he would
50%

Total votes: 2

Nucksfan10
CC Rookie

My approach with the Canucks

Post by Nucksfan10 »

Well, if you have been around me in the last three months....you will have heard me nag on about this topic. When the nucks were in the stinker for awhile they were getting bad bounces left and right; yet, we still outchanced every team we played, outworked every team and still nothing. I have continued to say that eventually those bounces will go our way and the chances will turn into goals, guess what? I have been a nucks fan for a very long team, even through the messier years, and i have always said, wait it out you never know what will happen at the end. SO, I say wait it out to all of you. Sure the team looks good right now and will probably fall into their little slump around february and we will all bitch about how they need to change this and get that guy and blah blah blah. We have seen it before and i guaruntee it won't be the last time we see it, just be patient and don't expect to win the stanley cup every night we play. Luongo has been a great addition to us, Bieksa is turning into a more mature defensemen, Mitchell has reallly helped Ohlund to free up chances to score, and so what if Nazzy isn't scoring, he is getting assists and helping the team out. Here in lies my approach to what to do with oh captain my captain.

Naslund had the chances he did in previous years because bertuzzi would create a party in front of the net, usually taking one to two guys with him and giving Markus an opening to create shots for himself. We all know that when given a chance at the top of the face off circle on the right side, Nazzy has a deadly wrister. So being that Todd is no longer with us, I say try someone similar; how bout PYATT? His game is starting to pick up and could be a big help on that line. He is the same build and all as bertuzzi, now i know he ISN'T bertuzzi but still he has enough drive to somewhat emulate him in front of the net. Naslund may start to get a few more shots in his office and who knows, maybe a few goals too. Putting Pyatt on the top line may not be the best idea, but i say roll with it for a few weeks and build his legs up so that he can keep speed with them. The Canucks are able to fight it out in the northwest if they play smart, and if they play a combination of the oilers game last night with some smarter plays that don't cause lame-o penalties, we have just as good of chance as any once april roles around.
It was all about the Russian Rocket.....there i said it
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Good comments.
Pyatt with Markus might be a good idea, lord knows each of them has been with nearly everybody else!
I just wish Viggy would put somebody like Bulis, Pyatt, or whoever with the twins and then leave the line the hell alone!
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I'm not so sure about putting Pyatt with Naslund. He seems to have a fair amount of chemistry with the Sedins, and that line's been on fire lately. I know the whole thing about this year was attempting to suceed with more then one line, that so far hasn't worked, so we might as well accept it. We're still a one line team.

Naslund is still an offensive threat, he may not be racking up goals but he is drawing the best checkers away from the Sedins and when he isn't he plays like he did last night. The goals will come eventually, he just needs a permanent linemate. Confidence is his issue of late, he's taking just over a shot a game lately, compared to almost 4 when he was on his hot streak in November. Give him time, I'm sure he'll come around.

As for Pyatt, I doubt he'd be able to preform the same job that Bertuzzi did for some many years. Sure he has size, but he doesn't have strength, and he certainly doesn't use what little he does. He might be good for a deflection goal or two, but in no way is he going knock defenders around in front of the crease and create space for Nazzy's wrister. He works well with the Sedins as a rebound pylon and someone to cycle with. We're on a win streak, let's not mess with chemistry just yet.
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

I'm fine with that too, its just that viggy moves guys in and out of the Sedin spot like a revolving door. If its Pyatt, put him there, leave him there, and move on! Tinker with the other lines. the lines of Cooke Mo and Linden seems to be another one that is working right now.
Ilevakam
CC Veteran

Post by Ilevakam »

I dont think Pyatt will ever create space like Bertuzzi did. Bertuzzi was such a superstar that he always had a matchup against the other teams best defender, and managed to still attract another player to take him off the puck where as I doubt Pyatt will ever outmatch a franchise defenseman, I would love to see him reach a skill level like Bertuzzi's yet i will never set my heart on it. The point being that it is not just size and skill but also ego and reputation.
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

I think that putting Pyatt with Morrison and Naslund would be worth an experiment. Pyatt isn't Bertuzzi but I see no reason why Pyatt can't wreak at least a little bit of havoc and create a little bit of room for Naslund.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

sk8er wrote:I'm fine with that too, its just that viggy moves guys in and out of the Sedin spot like a revolving door. If its Pyatt, put him there, leave him there, and move on! Tinker with the other lines. the lines of Cooke Mo and Linden seems to be another one that is working right now.
I'm with you. Vigneault has had 40 games to figure this out.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040