Briere spears Ovechkin in the nuts in the WSH-BUF game!!!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

theinsainianone
AHL Prospect

Briere spears Ovechkin in the nuts in the WSH-BUF game!!!

Post by theinsainianone »

what a cheap shot by him, and im not saying that ovechkin's wasn't cheap but hitting someone in the groin is just wrong.

video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo3DXqPnqv4

i hope Briere will be suspended as it was most likely pre-meditated as revenge for Ovechkin's hit on him in their last game, and it had intent to injure.
"...number 16...KEVIN LINDEN!!"
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Yep, Briere, poster boy for the "new" NHL.

Bettman can shove it up his ass.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

SRsez wrote:Yep, Briere, poster boy for the "new" NHL.

Bettman can shove it up his ass.
Amen, Brotha. This is getting rediculous. I thought Ovech's hit on Briere was dirty, but after my friend comented that he weighs 98lbs and didn't go hard into the boards I had to settle for it being cheap. Spearing someone is just plain cowardly. As much as you "gotta love the little guy," I f*ckin hate Briere. Seeing that reminds me of all the punks I played against that were too afraid to use the body for what it was designed for...to battle.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Good for Brier! He ain't big enough to stand up to someone Ovechkins size so he gives him one on the nards! If you are a great "little" player and someone gives you a cheap shot, return in kind.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

well generally in a game, the ref will call the retaliation penalty and often not both calls. so in this case you can look at it the same way. OV1 throws his weight around and tosses brierre into the boards like a rag doll... no suspension. Briere retaliates and gives him a shot to his "lil ovechkin's"... i think he should get a suspension. nothing major perhaps just a few games
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

The penalty should've been 5 + game.

IsleNuck, you got it right - cheap, not dirty.

Briere gets away with his bullshit because of yet another example why the instigator penalty sucks arse.
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

SRsez wrote:The penalty should've been 5 + game.

IsleNuck, you got it right - cheap, not dirty.

Briere gets away with his bullshit because of yet another example why the instigator penalty sucks arse.
Could not agree more.
Peters & Brash fought just cuz of the tension between the teams. Great fight but it had nothing to do with the two players involved. If the instigator rule was gone, Brash would have to play wIth Ovechkin all night..Peters would play with Briere all night...wouldn't that be more fun to watch!! If there were going to be fireworks it would be done the quickly..the mess would be over....no spearing.... great for the fans....
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Soapy wrote:Brash would have to play wIth Ovechkin all night..Peters would play with Briere all night...wouldn't that be more fun to watch!! If there were going to be fireworks it would be done the quickly..the mess would be over....no spearing.... great for the fans....
Not to mention how many more scoring opportunities it might create, when you've got a guy that can't skate out with some of the faster players. But that wouldn't be good for competition, would it?