30-16 To Make Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

supercanuck
CC Veteran

30-16 To Make Playoffs

Post by supercanuck »

It's a bit early but If we assume that to make the playoffs this you need 95 points then the Canucks will have to go 14 games over .500 to make the playoffs. The way this team is playing it does not seem very likely, but one can only wish... I think we will need Luongo to be absolutely brilliant with the current team to do it. Dave Nonis has to make a move to get some scoring help and FAST!!!
IgotachubbyforChubarov
AHL Prospect

Post by IgotachubbyforChubarov »

Yeah, it's gonna be tough, but certainly isn't out of the question. We will have to go on a big run here; Naslund has to regain at least part of his form and earn some of that 6mil he's making. Luongo needs to be the elite goalie he's touted as. We need some of that hard work from the 3rd/4rth to pay off. According to Jim Hughson AV's teams get better as the season wears on due to the fact the players buy into the reward type system. Hopefully Jim is right, and this team heats up...starting with those flamin C's on Boxing Day. I'm going to the game...sitting near Kipper... may my heckling lead to a weak performance by Mikka!!
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=470DZFBylY8

We need that man to ref all our games.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

29 wins left. :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

I think the 3rd seed this year which is the spot we are really talking about shooting for is still very much up for grabs and won't take the amount of points it has in previous seasons if the season so far is the trend. We do need to play above 500 for the rest of the season but I don't think we need to play more than about 26-20 or so provided we have a lot of those 26 wins against divisional
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

It won't take 95 points to make the playoffs. The cap has changed that. It will probably take at the very most, 90 points and that may even be too high.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

30-16?

Is that because every other team in our division is going to go 29-17?

Enough bullshit.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
supercanuck
CC Veteran

Post by supercanuck »

SRsez wrote:30-16?

Enough bullshit.
No it was just a projection for the team to reach a supposed 95 points.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

supercanuck wrote:
SRsez wrote:30-16?

Enough bullshit.
No it was just a projection for the team to reach a supposed 95 points.
And doesn't that mean a supposed 95 points is complete bullshit?
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)