gretzky = almost a moron

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

theinsainianone
AHL Prospect

gretzky = almost a moron

Post by theinsainianone »

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/blogs/hockey_h ... s_gretzky/

Gretzky is ranting about how Rory Fitzpatrick doesn't DESERVE to be an all-star because alot of other players DESERVE to be there more than Rory.
I'm sure alot of people DESERVE to be a coach before he does, people who have paid their dues in the minors and even in the pro's..
So Mr Gretzky I suggest you *be quiet* and worry more about ur laughing stock of a team who by the way signed Jovo for 7mill haha Derek Morris for 4 mill ahahah and Laraque for 1.1 mill!!!! or maybe worry about ur wife and all those bets she likes to make!! Anyways it just ticks me off because who the heck does he think he is to try and sabotage people's thoughts about Rory Fitzpatrick!
"...number 16...KEVIN LINDEN!!"
Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

I think that was a totally fine response from Gretzsky nothing crazy he's saying there. He was trying to be politically correct. 100% Fitzpatrick doesn't really deserve to be there based on good players but the NHL leaves it open to non stop voting and he'll get in. Not really any call to pick on Gretz out of this in my mind, especially his wife dude, that's fairly low.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Yep, I agree with Gretz, but if the NHL is going to make fan voting a part of their All-Star setup then they should not be surprized when someone who isn't "supposed" to be there winds up being voted in.
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

yeah so i agree with gretz... seriouslly its called an ALL STAR game... Fitzpatrick probably couldn't even be a all star in the ahl... i really don't think he should deserve to go ... it doesn't make sense... just some people thinking it would be funny if they could get a non regular nhler into the allstar game. I think its pathetic actually. During the game if rory makes it don't you think he would look silly being outplayed by everyplayer on the team. I would be pissed if he makes it ahead of pretty much any other canuck dman on the team. I think even tremblay is more fitting to be there... its just gone too far it was funny at first but now its retarded... you just wanted to see him there because its funny not cuase he can play hockey, and thats not what the allstar game is about
IgotachubbyforChubarov
AHL Prospect

Post by IgotachubbyforChubarov »

Broda wrote:. During the game if rory makes it don't you think he would look silly being outplayed by everyplayer on the team.
Obviously you haven't watched too many All-Star games. It's basically a joke. I bet if Rory actually plays in the game he would be the hardest worker out there, and possibly put a few actual all-stars to shame. I think it was Leetch who said one year after a game he went -7 in; it's a joke, they should play 3 on 3 and leave defensman out of it because no one backchecks or even puts an effort forth to win the game. Having Rory play might actually be a refreshing change from the usual bore the game is. And if he is voted in, I would bet the all-star game would draw more viewers than many previous. Personally, I don't care either way, but I would definately tune in to check it out if Rory were there.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

years ago all star selections were picked by the league and every team had to be represented. A lot of players didn't deserve to be there and were selected before some who did deserve it, so what's the difference? Well now the fan who pays for EVERYTHING is doing the selecting and taking the control out of the hands of the select few. BOO HOO. I voted for Rory a number of times and will likely do it until they cut off voting, because it is an insignificant game of shinny in which no one plays like an all star.
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

I have no problem with what Gretzky said, it makes sense and was an honest answer. Way inappropriate to go after a guy's wife, how the hell is that relevant?

As for Rory, yeah, he's not an all-star, but I think we should all have a sense of humor about it, the All-Star game isn't life or death, it's entertainment, and having one player there due to some stunt put on by fans should get a good laugh but won't destroy the game in any way.
Mark
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

What do you mean almost?? I personally think he is. But not for his anti-Rory outburst
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

off topic, but I would have to say Laraque has been a good signing.
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

How do you think poor Rory feels about this? He has been put in one hell of a spot.
And, I agree with others who. say.........get over it, its one tiny little entertaining game. I think the exposure would be great for the game.

Half the "all stars" don't wan't to be there anyway. Why not let the guy go and soak up the hoopla for once?
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Gretzky didn't do anything wrong by saying he doesn't think Rory deserves to be there.

The whole Vote for Rory thing is also a poke at the league office to show how screwed up the voting system is. It's really a big popularity contest.

Everybody's definition of an "all-star" is different, and hell, if I were commish I'd make Trevor Linden captain of the West/NA team every single time. ;)
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I love this "voteforrory" thing. The nhl has embarrassed the fans and tried to make us look like idiots in the so called allstar game and we are just returning the favour.

Mock away fans.

betman sucks.