Watching HNIC on Saturday made me realise just how much I

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Watching HNIC on Saturday made me realise just how much I

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

and the Canucks miss Jarkko Ruutu.

Think about it, Ruutu last year played every game with heart, gave it his all every shift.

Now some of you may say what he did on Saturday was cowardly ( thought I don't think so seeing as how Ruutu has fought and kicked Rivets ass before)

But hell maybe most important of all it was and he is entertaining which is something I can only say for a handful of Canuck games this year.

Is he overpaid at 1.2 million a year? maybe....but I'd still take that contract and his production over guys like Bulis, Chouinard, Linden, Cooke.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

When did he fight Rivet?

Jarko is a garbage player, he proved that Saturday. And antagonizer is supposed to sucker people into getting penalties, not get himself kicked out of the game.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

That's a decent fight. Any idea when it took place? I really don't remember this at all, which is surprising because my dad and I always go at it when the Canucks play the Habs.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
theinsainianone
AHL Prospect

Post by theinsainianone »

stupid penalties, period. we dont need ruutu because we have matt cooke, who doesnt take stupid penalties, but works hard and does his job which is to agitate the other team
"...number 16...KEVIN LINDEN!!"
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

Atleast Ruttu has the balls to fight his own battles! Matt Cooke does not so other people end up paying the price for him not having the physical stature to protect himself or his teamates

I watched the entire Penguin's, Capitals game a few weeks ago and when the score was 3-0 Caps it was Ruttu with 2 huge hits and an impresive forecheck that caused a turnover which Ruttu recovered and through out front to get the Penguins on the board. They eventualy came back to win the game in a shootout. Ruttu had a good fight that he lost later as well.

Yeah don't want any of that! Way to livley and exciting. Its like giving Narcon to a dying junkie, wake 's right up!
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

curiosity...

your new picture, 'Captain Marvelous'...

Was he "the Captain" with the leather clad, tail gunning, donut puncher Freddie Mercury of 'Queen'? Is that why you have the two pictures together?

Or was Freddie on top?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

Is there not a limit to the picture shit! That shit is why most of us post here and not Canucks .com . Its lame james. Sometimes, like this thread ,you have good things to say but that crap makes it real hard to take you serious.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

ververgaert wrote:Is there not a limit to the picture shit! That shit is why most of us post here and not Canucks .com . Its lame james. Sometimes, like this thread ,you have good things to say but that crap makes it real hard to take you serious.
Really.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I always had a laugh at Ruutu, and he would add some baby teeth to our gums...but not at the price of say Chouinards face off % or PK skills. Cooke > Ruutu, little higher in salary, brings more to the table.
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

I liked Ruutu's game but Cooke, despite his struggles, will likely score more goals. Wouldn't mind still having him in the line-up but for 1.2 we had a make a tough decision.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Ruutu was kinda fun to watch until he took the bone head penalty....3rd line players move on...I do miss his shit eating grin when he was barking some language that I'm sure no one understood.....
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill