Would you trade Salo?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Would you trade Salo?

Only if the Canucks are out of playoff contention
32%
Never. Hold on to him then try to sign him
36%
Trade him at or before the deadline
32%

Total votes: 22

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

MarkMM wrote:If the players that we got back could make an immediate contribution as well as be a part of the future, then it's an easier sell. As long as it's not a purely rebuilding move but could be sold as re-balancing the team for a playoff run, it might be the best bet, we could make a solid run this season, either re-sign Salo or get another UFA in the off-season AND have the young studs. With Edler, Koltsov and Bourdon in the pipeline, Rahimi not far behind them, losing Salo won't be the end of the world, we just have to make sure we don't expose ourselves in the playoffs if we are indeed in the running.
The last thing I want are draft picks. My only philosophy is don't trade the ones you already have. The Canucks need players - preferably young ones who can play and grow. If the Canucks could have 'stolen' a Bieksa-type player from another team along with a draft pick or another quality player for Salo, I would do it.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Given the Canucks drafting record, I agree with DP. Drafts are a crapshoot, and you usually get what you make of them. This team has a small window (2-4 years) with which to get back into the playoffs, and make some noise. I, for one, am not willing to continuously wait several years while our draft picks develop, watching the Sedin's get older, Naslund retire, and Luongo become stagnant. I want to see improvement and development. Use the picks we get every round, and use them well. If we are going to trade Salo, I want a decently player, but one who can play tommorow.
DN should be saying this to any potential buyers:

"If you want his cannon from the point, be prepared to pay for it with bodies, not a piece of paper."