How to complain to the CBC

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

How to complain to the CBC

Post by Larry Goodenough »

www.cbc.ca/contact/index

Here's the email to contact the CBC

Tonight we get force fed the f*ckin' Maple leaves yet again. I think this is every Saturday for 5 years straight. I would put up with it if it was even 75% of the time, but it is every single Saturday night for the past number of years. They don't even try and hide it in Toronto. Just blatant bias by a public station that taxes me at the same rate as a Maple Leaf fan. How does the CBC think it's promoting national unity when they promote hatred towards Toronto and a bias against Montreal?

The Penguins play the Canadiens tonight, with Montreal off to their best start since they won the cup in 1993 and Crosby scoring 10 points in the last 2 games.

Did you see him set up Malone last night for his third goal?!? It was awesome. Well, you won't see him do it again tonight, instead you'll see Chad Kilger work magic with Alex Steen....

We have to watch the plodding, slumping Leaves yet again. Or, I mean the Leaves will be on HNIC and yet again, I won't be watching until 6:30.

Email the CBC to complain - it's quick and easy.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Thanks for the link Larry.couldn't agree with you more.

I'm on it
EdmonCanuck
AHL Prospect

Post by EdmonCanuck »

Nice, I went to reply to this link and this is the message I got.

Sorry, we can't find the page you requested.

1. Please check the URL in the address bar, or ...
2. Use the navigation links at left to explore our site, or ...
3. Enter a term in the Quick Search box at top, or ...
4. Visit our site map page

In a few moments, you will be taken to our site map page, which will help you find what you looking for.

Hmm...sounds like perhaps they got tired of the hate mail. It's nice to see that "our" public broadcast network wants to here from us out here...
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

This one should work then:

http://www.cbc.ca/contact/index.jsp
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Done and done. I wonder if we could throw Charter violation their way as they are a corporation created by the Canadian Broadcasting Act and thus subject to the Charter. Hmmm.... are the Montreal Candiens an identifiable group as set out under s. 15(1) ? Anyone know how many french-canadian players are on the team?
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

What Larry, are you only 12 years old? Try every Saturday at 4 for 45 years! And maybe even more than that!

That's why you're supposed to turn on channel 45 @ 6 p.m. for the best drama on TV - Battlestar Galactica.

Then when that's over, flip to channel 3 & enjoy Canucks.

Why ruin a great night of TV over the crappy Laffs?
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

I didn't see everyone bitching when CBC showed a lot of Canuck games.

In 03-04 I believe they showed 18 Canuck games.

Yes, it is kind of a drag sometimes but you got to accept it.

and if the rights go to CTV/TSN you gotta know things won't change....we will still get A LOT Of leaves.

CBC is better in terms of coverage, remember the 05-06 season opening night?
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

Well, what do you know, at the start of the HNIC Pre-Game show, they announce that the Pens/ Habs game has been switched to being the game shown Nationally.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Another reason why CBC kicks ass.

wow Cherry just owned Crosby.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

Wow that worked quick heh. To play devil's advocate there are a lot more Leaf fans in the western provinces than Hab fans I would bet so that is probably their thinking. They of course show all the Montreal games in Quebec and probably teh Eastern provinces.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Re: How to complain to the CBC

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Larry Goodenough wrote:www.cbc.ca/contact/index

Here's the email to contact the CBC

Tonight we get force fed the f*ckin' Maple leaves yet again. I think this is every Saturday for 5 years straight. I would put up with it if it was even 75% of the time, but it is every single Saturday night for the past number of years. They don't even try and hide it in Toronto. Just blatant bias by a public station that taxes me at the same rate as a Maple Leaf fan. How does the CBC think it's promoting national unity when they promote hatred towards Toronto and a bias against Montreal?
Only one way to complain brother.....You can buy your official protest jerseys at: http://www.cbcsucks.com

Here's a recent happy customer showing off her new jersey!

dp
Last edited by DavidPratt_ on Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
ummd
AHL Prospect

Post by ummd »

While we're at it, can we also call for Drew Remenda to be fired? Not only does he routinely state the obvious, but too often he starts talking about irrelevant things while the game is on. Even worse, he borders on either illiterate or stupid with gems like "Logically you can concur that was a goal."

Can we please have Greg Millen back?
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Just who the hell is this guy anyhow?
Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

I have to disagree, I like his on air personality and he compliments Huson well. Honestly this season the commentating kicks ass on last year. I HATED Greg Millen.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Canada ends at the Manitoba Ontario border, haven't you heard that yet? The Laufs will be on at 4pm pacific every Friday night unless they ever come to Alberta or B.C.!

Even if TSN or CTV take over the contract, this is the way its been and the way its going to be!
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!