How to complain to the CBC

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Well, I'll take personal credit for the CBC changing to the Pens/Habs game. Too bad they did it so late, I already made plans to take my little girl to see Santa. Santa always comes before Crosby.

But I did see they just had to put the Leaves/Rangers game on at 10:30pm as the replay game. They never do this with Montreal or Ottawa games - we gotta watch Toronto twice. I swear there's some guy in CBC Toronto touching himself everytime he flicks a switch and grants the world a special favour by allowing them access on their tv to his beloved Leaves.
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

leaves get the biggest ratings whenever they're on, so it makes sense that the CBC shows nearly all of their Saturday night games, at least in Ontario.

You can make the argument about how "Canada ends at the Manitoba border," but the leaves have the most fans across the entire country, much more than any other Canadian team, except maybe Montreal.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

It's true.

and anyone who thinks it will change when TSN/CTV gets it is fooling themselves.

Seeing as how TSN is worse than CBC...
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Tukaram wrote:leaves get the biggest ratings whenever they're on, so it makes sense that the CBC shows nearly all of their Saturday night games, at least in Ontario.

You can make the argument about how "Canada ends at the Manitoba border," but the leaves have the most fans across the entire country, much more than any other Canadian team, except maybe Montreal.
I know for a fact Vancouver played in the highest rated HNIC ever, so I'm hesitant to believe you numbers. Can you point me to a website that might have these ratings numbers of which you speak?

How can you tell me Montreal or Ottawa would not get better ratings when they are never shown nationally? How can you even compare their numbers with Leaves numbers - there is no sample to even choose from. Until last night - I bet Montreal/ Pittsburgh gets the best ratings of the year. That would dispute your contention that Leaves get the biggest ratings.

The Leaves may also have "the most fans across the country" as you contend. But again, where are the facts to back this up? I would contend if Edmonton was shown every single Saturday night at 7pm eastern for 5 years straight - they would have the biggest fan base in the entire country. As they would have been forced upon the nation just as the Leaves have been. If Edmonton is all little Jimmy in Flin Flon sees, then that would be his team regardless of how crappy they are. It certainly is not the illustrious history ( hee hee) of the Leaves that gives them ratings.

They can show the Leaves in Ontario all they want. But we don't live in Ontario and I don't want to see them every single time. I actually don't know a single person that would want to see them every Saturday when there are Montreal and Ottawa games available.

Finally, as a public broadcaster who's first duty is to serve all Canadians equally, ratings should have nothing to do with who is shown nationally.

TSN/CTV can show whoever they want as they are a private broadcaster - CBC should show all teams equally as that would be serving all citizens equally.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

CBC does a much better job than TSN/CTV....period.

What did you all think of missing the first 10 mins of the first period for the season opener of 05-06 season?

and the Canucks getting the highest ratings for HNIC ever? Was it against the leaves in the 94 WCF?
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

ummd wrote:While we're at it, can we also call for Drew Remenda to be fired? Not only does he routinely state the obvious, but too often he starts talking about irrelevant things while the game is on. Even worse, he borders on either illiterate or stupid with gems like "Logically you can concur that was a goal."

Can we please have Greg Millen back?
With stupid ass statements like that would you please get off the site. Or better yet volunteer as the target holder at your local gun club! Greg Millen...you make me sick!
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:CBC does a much better job than TSN/CTV....period.

What did you all think of missing the first 10 mins of the first period for the season opener of 05-06 season?

and the Canucks getting the highest ratings for HNIC ever? Was it against the leaves in the 94 WCF?
So where in Calgary do you live? If not Calgary then hogtown, they are the only two cities that have such stupid fans.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:CBC does a much better job than TSN/CTV....period.

The highest rated HNIC game ever was against NYR and your "buddy" in game 7 - 1994.

Ontario has 3 times the population of BC and supposedly millions of other fans all across the country, yet none of the Leaves playoff games (including game 7 vs LA and Gretzky in '93 or any of the recent game sevens vs Ottawa) could surpass the Canucks.

And I'm supposed to believe the BS that comes out of Toronto that they get the best ratings and have the most fans? We're talking the Leaves and Doug Gilmour, they had finally gone on a great run after years of misery under Ballard, and they're playing Gretzky, of all people, in game seven to see who goes to the Stanley Cup finals. Even with 3 times the population - they still can't beat out a Canuck game?

The Leaves played Vancouver in the '94 conference finals. Does the best rated game come from that mtachup? Nope, the Leaves are gone - then the most people tune in. Actually, the most people ever tuned in.

This "ratings" and "most fans" stuff is just more bullshit out of Toronto to distract from the fact they have been a miserable franchise ever since 1967. That was the year they no longer could compete in a six team league, in which 2 teams never tried to win.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

How many people watched Game 7 of New York and Vancouver ( In Canada...I know it was the highest rated game in the states)

The WCF averaged around 4 million that year....then 2 Million for the Cup final....
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Pierre MacGuires voice makes me want to run over pregnant single mothers waiting in line for a welfare cheque, and then back over them. I would rather listen to a game with fingernails running over the chalkboard as background music than here about who the MONSTER is...

If I had it my way, Sportsnet would televise all the Canucks games. I don't mind a little bias, I'm smart enough to see through it, and the average meat-head fan that watches will benefit anyways. Besides, can't go wrong with such recent classics like (when seeing someone won a vacuum):

"Something to give your wife"
"Are you serious?!"
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Hey James...100% of your stats are 73.5% wrong...most of the time....unless you count the BS variable...then it jumps about another 25%.....you throw around TV numbers like you are in the TV biz....an underling at 1040? .....or are you just David Pratt?? Lame trolling anywho!!
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Show me the numbers hotshot.
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

I don't know numbers...I don't post numbers...I love your small penis passive aggressiveness...boring....tell me your source for numbers....or should you email Mr Pratt for your info ..tell him to send me some photos as well....
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

If you don't know the numbers then don't talk shit.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

What kind of pictures would you like? I got some sweet ones from Pratt, some others I got on my own.