Don Taylor's top 25 Canucks of all time.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Again, you do everything to avoid admiting he's got a point without actually denying what he says, then make some comment trashing Linden, while making no new point.

Sure Trev never broke 80 points, but he's allot more respected in his community and around the league. Not many players have the type of fan devotion Linden does and it's because of all the little things he does, people notice...

Trev is a class act 100% and to even try to bring him down like you constantly do is offensive.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

All I'm saying is, if I was going to have wet dreams about a hockey player I would at least pick one that would take me out to dinner first...
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

In Vancouver sure, Linden is more respected...but not a chance across the league.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Funny thing, I seem to remember many a media outlet "advising" Messier to retire several seasons ago. Yet for some reason, there was quite a few (national media too) arguing in this offseason that the Canucks should sign Linden for cheap if he wanted to play, if only for the pure class of the guy. Would Messier put up more points? Sure, but it's pretty obvious by the media's treatment of these guys show who's character is more respected.

Not to mention...the Rangers trading away their Hero's rights when he was set to become a free agent, all for the potential of a compensatory pick. Even within his own organization they don't have the respect to resign him or just let him walk away...
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Trev is a class act 100% and to even try to bring him down like you constantly do is offensive.
... especially on a Canuck forum ...

... not worth the time there Badfish .... just leave it alone ... if conversations just amount to name bashing its pretty much worthless discussion. Unless it picks up with something of substance sooner or later, and unfortunately for him, people will get tired of it and won't even take the time to read his posts.

Grizz
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

I seem to remember people on TSN/Sportsnet/CBC ( Mcguire/Kipper/Mckenzie/Healy. all telling Linden to retire at the start of the season.

Not to mention him holding the team back last year with his 1.6 million dollar salary so Nonis couldn't make any real moves at the trade deadline.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

We probably shouldn't start talking about people being overpaid if you're a Messier fan...
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

The Canucks did give the entire N.H.L one thing that has become a playoff fixture every season since 82. Towell power was started by our very own Vancouver Canucks.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Yes it was! And to tell the truth, it really pisses me off to see others using OUR towel power for their teams. I'm sure 95% of them don't know how it started or its significance!

Bastards! ;)
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Island Nucklehead wrote:We probably shouldn't start talking about people being overpaid if you're a Messier fan...
Different eras....Linden's salary hurt the Canucks so bad last year..

Towell power is nothing anymore......almost every team in every sport does it these days.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

hey, you know what else we started?

Singing the national anthem without music....

and Letting the crowd sing the middle part. I was at the flames game a couple weeks ago, and the singer tried to do it, so there was a wierd pause in the middle of the anthem, then he started to sing again. I thought it was hilarious...

But last year in the playoffs, I noticed that Edmonton Homer Style Fans were singing it as well....
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

If I'm not mistaken we also started the Hey Hey goodbye song thing as well!

Thats three playoff traditions started by the Canucks or there fans!

Not too shabby!
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

ververgaert wrote:If I'm not mistaken we also started the Hey Hey goodbye song thing as well!

Thats three playoff traditions started by the Canucks or there fans!

Not too shabby!
Now if only we could get that "Stanley Cup" thing figured out !!

Grizz
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Idiot2 wrote:Must be why Pratt has gone.
Who cares? 1 Idiot(tm) down, 1 to go.

Y'know a real troll at least tries to be annoying. Wasting space is probably the only talent you have.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Wasting space is probably the only talent you have
LMAO!

and who said I would never agree with SR????
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.