Team Canada, first round of cuts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Team Canada, first round of cuts

Post by tuzzi44 »

Hockey Canada cut 11 players from its 39-man selection roster for the World Junior Hockey Championship on Thursday, including Oshawa Generals forward John Tavares and Quebec Remparts forward Angelo Esposito. Other cuts from the final roster include goaltender Trevor Cann of the Peterborough Petes, Guelph defenceman Drew Doughty, blueliner Keaton Ellerby of the Kamloops Blazers, Saginaw defenceman Patrick McNeill, Brandon Wheat Kings forward Codey Burki, centre Ben Maxwell of the Kootenay Ice, Acadie-Bathurst's Mathieu Perreault, Prince George winger Devin Setoguchi and Chris Stewart of the Kingston Frontenacs.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story/ ... 5&hubname=

Im rootin' for Darren Helm to make the team, anyone heard of him??? plays for the med hat tigers
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

Sucks to see Devin Setoguchi be cut, he would've given us PGers someone to root for,
But I was supprised to see John Tavares and Angelo Esposito be cut, they are the young superstars in the making for our country, why not give them a chance now? They gave that chance to Lindros, Crosby...
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

tey wrote: But I was supprised to see John Tavares and Angelo Esposito be cut, they are the young superstars in the making for our country, why not give them a chance now? ...
As Hartsberg said they were starting to lag behind at a higher level. They aren't ready yet.
Momesso
CC Veteran

Post by Momesso »

Final cuts announced - see TSN.

Bourdon, of course, is on the team. I'm slightly surprised to see that Letang was named Captain, though.
Eyes on the Prize