Is this the real Willy Mitchell

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hercules_Rockefeller
CC Rookie

Post by Hercules_Rockefeller »

tuzzi44 wrote:Hes definetly changed his game alot since the playoffs. and i prefer him this way... everyone in here would be hatin on him for taking dumb penalties!
This is a great point. Out of curiosity I checked how many PIMs Mitchell has. 6. 6!! The toughest defenseman on our team, always checking top opposing forwards, has only taken 3 minor penalties this year. This tells me he plays an extremely disciplined game, never makes the lazy play, and rarely takes a penalty to cover up a mistake. I think this is very telling of the kind of player Mitchell is.

Just watching him , you can really see how good he is at reading a play. How many times have you seen him break up a scoring chance with Jim Hughson's favorite play, the "good stick"? This guy is the real deal, and his importance will be appreciated more and more as time goes on. He's my favorite new Canuck.
Formerly Dangerous Dan.
theinsainianone
AHL Prospect

Post by theinsainianone »

i agree with some people and say he was best signing in the offseason. this guy is great. he doesn't hurt the team he helps them. he uses his stick incredibly well, and could be a key guy to have in the playoffs. he shuts down anyone and everyone
"...number 16...KEVIN LINDEN!!"