Would you trade the Sedins' AND Luongo if you're REBUILDING?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

theinsainianone
AHL Prospect

Post by theinsainianone »

simple answe

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"...number 16...KEVIN LINDEN!!"
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Like I said before.

Sedins no

Luongo yes.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Tomorrow morning tell your Mom that she has been traded..then go do your own laundry...see how hard it is without Mom around...that's what it's like not to have a very good goalie on your team...you don't trade Mom..you NEED Mom.....just trying to dumb down the big boy converstion...now grab your paper hat & go to work....Queen rocks dude !!
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

James, thanks for sending me your Christmas card. I'd love to share it with everyone.

http://www.americanangst.com/dingfries.html
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Narg CC
CC Rookie

Post by Narg CC »

One thing to keep in mind is that running an NHL team is a business. Good GM's don't just think about the hockey side of things, they think at the margin as well. Trading the Sedins, Naslund, Luongo..etc. would send a shockwave through the city. Ticket sales would plummet, fan support would dwindle, merchandising revenue would decrease, playoff revenue would be non-existant. Trading Naslund, Luongo or the Sedins would sent a terrible message to players coming into the Vancouver organization. A team that trades their longtime captain away, or their big-ticket signing goalie, or their homegrown stars (with great attitudes and devotion to this city).. is NOT a team that I would want to sign with/play for, were I a player. As a result, you'd have a tough time getting players to sign here, without overpaying. Doing a complete overhaul would also hinder prospect development. It's no wonder Pittsburgh has an abysmal record in terms of developing players-- they stripped the roster of all talent for so long. Notice LA and St.Louis, both teams are rebuilding..but both teams have established veteran players on board to help nurture the kids along. Columbus has done a nice job of that too, and it seems to be starting to pay off. It's just not as simple as trading away your entire roster. Somebody still has to play the games.